[Chapter 15] {Episode 6}

McKenzie P.O.V

Mom had asked Scott and I to pick up the groceries. Luckily for Scott, he was in charge of the car so he didn't carry any of the bags.

"Well done, Scott," I said, dropping the shopping bags. "Really, well done!"

Scott had somehow lost the car and it wasn't the best week to make me angry. The milk rolled out the bag and towards a car. I went to pick it up but it rolled back, with three claw marks in it.

"Scott. Run. Alpha," I said, picking up the shopping bags.

I handed some of the bags to Scott, who pushed me in front of him. Scott started running down, whilst I ran up, heading to the car. Once i got to the car, i discovered it was unlocked. I placed the bags in the boot and shut it, then started running down to help Scott. Once I got to the ramp, something grabbed my waist, it's claws digging into my skin, drawing blood, and lots of it. I turned around and was met with the bright red orbs of the Alpha. He growled at me. I refused to break eye contact. He tried to swipe my throat, but I ducked. I rolled under him and kicked him in the back of the leg, making him tumble. I quickly ran down the ramp and started shouting. I heard car alarms go off and started heading towards them. Something grabbed my ankle, making me fall forward. I hit my head on the concrete and blocked out.

Derek P.O.V

I felt a small twang of pain in my stomach, but put it off. I heard Scott's phone ring so i ran in that direction. I saw him hidden behind a car so I jumped on the bonnet and grabbed his hood. I pulled him onto the car bonnet with me.

"You're dead," I stated.

"What - What the hell was that?" Scott shouted.

"Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when," I replied cockily. 

"You scared the crap out of me!"

"Not yet," I reassured.

"Okay, but I was fast right?" He asked me. I scoffed.

"Not fast enough," I replied.

"But -  But the car alarms thing, that was smart, right?"

"Till your phone rang," I said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, but that was - I mean - Would you just stop!"

'Here we go,' I thought to myself.

"Please? What happened the other night, McKenzie getting hurt, that was my fault! I should have been there to help. I need you to teach me how to control this."

"Look," I started.  " I am what I am because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone whose bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you," I almost shouted.

"What do I have to do?"

"You have to get rid of distractions. You see this?" I asked, grabbing his phone. "This is why I caught you."

On his screen, there was a picture of Allison, and it was flashing 'missed call'.

"You want me to teach you? Get rid of her," I demanded.