[Chapter 21]

McKenzie P.O.V

I walked into the watching area of the pool and looked for Allison's bag. I felt bad doing this, but I was the smallest so it was easier for me to slip in unnoticed. I saw Allison's bag and sat down so I wouldn't look suspicious.

"You beat me again," I heard Allison say. I tuned in on her and Jackson's conversation.

"I had an unfair advantage. You see these cheekbones?" He asked, motioning to his cheeks. "Aerodynamically suited for speed in water. Anyways, you coming to the game tonight?"

"I was thinking no," Allison replied.

"You have to. We win tonight, we're in the semi-finals. It's not because of Scott, right?" Jackson asked. This part I was particularly interested in.

"It might be a little," She replied, shrugging.

"He's fine with it. He actually asked me if you were coming. He said he hoped you didn't feel weird about it," Jackson said.

"He did?" I whispered at the same time Allison did.

"Yeah. You know, he's a good guy. You can't hate him too much. I mean, it's pretty obvious he's a little immature to be dating somebody like you. But then, you – You can't really blame him for trying," Jackson said. What does he want from Scott? The bell rang and I was going over to Stiles house to study.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hey Stiles!" The sheriff shouted as he was walking upstairs.

"Yo, D-Derek. I, um," Stiles said, spinning in his twirly chair to face the door. I looked in the corner and right there stood Derek Hale himself. I jumped in his arms and he caught me.

"I missed you," I whispered.

"I missed you more," he replied into my hair. He kissed my head then put me down. A minute later Stiles walked back in and shut his door. Derek pinned him to the door by his shirt.

"If you say one word," Derek started.

"Oh, what, you mean, like 'Hey, dad, Derek Hale's in my room – bring your gun'? Yeah, that's right. If I'm harbouring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules buddy." Derek let go of Stiles shirt and smoothed it out. Stiles grabbed Derek's jacket and pulled it, sort of straightening it out. Stiles was about to walk to his computer when I took a step towards him and growled.

"Oh, my God!"

Stiles settled down and I took my jacket off. Derek did the same then walked over to the computer where Stiles and I where. He wrapped his arm around my waist and rested his chin on my head. Even now I could feel him bending down a little. Scott's 5 foot 10 and I'm 5 foot 2. Damn I'm short. I am literally 10 inches shorter than Derek.

"I'm so small," I complained.

"You're not small. You're travel size," Stiles said. I glared at him and I felt Derek's chest vibrating against my back.

"Stop laughing! I'm 5 foot 2 of power and I will hit you so hard your head will fall off your shoulders, okay?" I asked in my scary calm voice. Derek took a step back and Stiles grabbed his head.

"Is that possible?" He asked scared. I grinned evilly.

"Moving on. Did any of you get the necklace?" Derek asked.

"No. We're still working on it," I sighed.

"But," Stiles began. "There's something else we can try. The night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison asking her to meet him there."