3. Happy One Year Anniversary

"HE TOLD YOU WHAT?!" Mai screams.

Sunday afternoon with the girls. No Mason (even though he begged and wanted to). Just girly things being done. Shopping, people swooning over Cameron Dallas. Binge eating while watching movies. Face masks. No nails because...just no.

"He told me I was the one," I say, dreamily.

I hold my hand to my heart and swoon. Yeah, over dramatic but he told me I was the fucking one! How it feels? Like all the pizza stores had decided to make me pizzas (multiple) with my name on it with my favourite toppings and I could eat all of them without getting sick... It's a good feeling.

"But how do you be the one?" I ask.

"Be you. He fell in love with you and be said you are the one. So just be you," Alisha says.

"I'm going to ask my mum," I say.

They nod and then Alisha pipes up.

"Trust her opinion." I nod.

I knock on her room door and open it. She screams at my face. I roll my eyes and stifle a laugh. It was just a chocolate face mask. Alisha had a strawberry one that looked like blood so she shouldn't be screaming.

"I mean what's up," she giggle nervously after she smoothed herself down.

I sit on her bed and start to talk.

"Mason told me I was the one." She screams so loud that even a deaf person would hear it. They would witness a miracle and my mum would've cured them of all deafness.

"Yeah," I begin after she finishes screaming. "How do I act now?"

"Cute question. Who did he fall for?"

"Me."

"Who did he fall in love with?"

"Me."

"Who did he prove himself for?"

"Me."

"Who did he constantly say sorry to and share kisses with?"

"Me."

"Exactly. And you weren't even trying. So just be you because he fell in love with you." I smile and hug her. Then I get up to head out the door. Before I get out, I feel obliged to say something.

"Thanks mum."

I see her smile and nod her head. I get back into my room and Mai and Alisha are acting weirder than usual. They eventually give up the act and come straight out.

"We heard the entire thing. You are finally learning to trust her judgement."

"Maybe. I don't know. It's good advice but in mainly going with it because you said it. She might be wrong and I just don't know."

"Hopeless," they both sigh.

***

Monday morning in the 421 and Mai and I have just got on. I see Mason and I light up. This time, I make sure that I don't let the bus jerk me into his lap and I take my seat myself.

"You can walk now?" He says.

"Yeah. Surprise?" I retort.