18. I Do

I woke up on Friday to the sound of my alarm. After many failed attempts, I finally got my phone and turned off my alarm whilst checking the time. Eight o' clock? Why was I up at eigh-

Oh.

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

It was mum's wedding day. I jumped out of bed and danced across my room to "Bills" by LunchMoneyLewis. Then, it dawned on me that no-one else was awake so I turned it off since the house was oddly quiet. That was rare seeing as we were a family of seven. So I grabbed my towel and got into the bathroom to take a long, steamy shower. And let me tell you, that was very rare in this household.

***

I got out of the bathroom with my hair soaking wet. I heard screams and noises coming from all sorts of places in the house. Now this was the Meyers/McKinley household in full swing.

"I call first dibs on bathroom!" McKeyla screamed, stopping in her tracks when she saw me.

"How...?" She trailed.

"The wonders of an alarm," I teased before waltzing into my room.

After pulling on an oversized tee and shorts, I ran downstairs to make breakfast. Why? Because it was her wedding day and I felt extra obliged to be kind to her. And him. But mostly her. I shoved sausages in the oven and cracked open some eggs while the pan was sizzling. Beans were cracked open and orange juice was poured. For someone who never made breakfast, I was doing a damn good job. I placed the food and set it out on the dining room table. Then, I sprinted upstairs and went in everyone's rooms to tell them breakfast was ready. I turned the doorknob and opened the door to Dylan and mums room.

"Hey, you guys. Breakfast is rea-" I never finished my sentence because I saw something that I shouldn't have seen. Witnessed something a fourteen year old daughter shouldn't see her mum doing. You know what, I don't think I'll ever get that image out of my poor, poor brain. What I saw? Well...how do I put this so that it remains PG... They were doing the dirty deed.

"Can you fucking cover your parts!" I screamed and they turned to face me. I swear down they didn't realise I was there until she finished...urm...making sounds. So I covered my eyes and looked down.

"Breakfast's ready. Bye now," I rushed before sprinting downstairs and slamming my butt into the seat.

"What's got you looking like a ghost?" Leeoni asked as my mum and Dylan came downstairs. They didn't even fucking know that I was there. That I witnessed the ugliness. 

"The happy couple decided to enjoy some morning pleasure," I whispered while I shivered involuntarily. Leeoni's eyes widened before she cried out with disgust.

"Oh CRAP!" I looked at her, shooting her a look.

"What's wrong Leeoni?" My mum asked.

"I just burnt my mouth on my sausage, no problem," she squeaked. I breathed out while chewing on my sausage.

After scarfing down my breakfast, I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. Leeoni was the one to come upstairs after me.

"Damn, I feel sorry for you," she said immediately.

"Yeah," I breathed out. "Did I miss anything?"

"Nope. We're all leaving at eleven so your mum can get ready until the wedding starts at half twelve."

I nodded and flipped back on my bed. A knock at the door yanked me up and I saw McKeyla.

"You were like a wolf downstairs! You okay?"