10. One Direction Fetish

"ALL MY LIFE, YOU STOOD BY ME WHEN NO ONE ELSE WAS EVER BEHIND ME. ALL THESE LIGHTS CANT BLIND ME. WITH YOUR LOVE, NOBODY CAN DRAG ME DOWN."

Yep, that's me singing. Or screeching as my mum calls it. She came in like ten times today to tell me to shut up but they didn't happen thanks to the greatness of beats headphones.

I'm mid air guitar when I hear someone cough. Like really loudly. Like they were trying to get my attention. So I turn to the door and see Mai with her hand clamped over her mouth to stop herself laughing, Alisha biting her cheeks, Jayleen clutching her sides with her head thrown back and Mason. He was looking at me with sincere concern written all over his face. My cheeks turn a dark red and I slip off my headphones.

"We...urm...knocked on your door tons but you didn't answer so we...urm...just walked in," Mai says.

Mason, Jayleen and Alisha nod their heads vigorously.

"I wasn't expecting anyone," I mumble.

"Your mum told us to come save her ears," Jayleen laughs outs.

I get up off the floor and put my headphones and phone on my bed and I flip down with them.

"It was nothing but a way to kill time and deafen my mum," I say nonchalantly.

Mai looks deep in thought. "Who wrote that song?"

"One Direction. It's the only song I like by them," I reply. "Why?"

"No reason."

"I want to do something," Alisha says while sprawled out on the floor like she was making a snow angel. It was an INSET day today so we were basically free.

"Okay but what?" I say.

"I don't know."

We all stay in my room, thinking. Then an idea pops into my head that I like instantly. But I wasn't sure if they would like it.

"Cliff diving."

***

"Why the fuck are we here!" Mason says.

Right now, we're standing on the edge of a cliff and we're ready to jump. Well, I'm ready. Mason isn't.

"It's okay to have a fear of heights," I say, gripping his hand tighter.

The rise and fall in his chest is obvious. "Can we yell something stupid when we jump?"

I roll my eyes and nod. We count to three and jump on go.

"ONE DIRECTION FETISH!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"ONE DIRECTION FETISH!" Mason screams as well.

I'm about to laugh when we hit the water. We rise for air and Mason fist pumps the air in victory.

"Fucking king of the castle!" He shouts.

I jump on his back and join in with the yelling.

"Queen bitch has arrived!" I shout in response. I fist bump him and lean in to kiss his forehead when I'm splashed by my three best friends. Yeah, I consider Jayleen a bestie now. 

"And your princesses with huge asses are here!" Jayleen shouts.

"Thankiees Jayleen. I do have a huge ass," Mai says.

"Another round?" I suggest. And the four of them nod. I jump off Mason's back in sympathy. His back ought to be sore after yesterday.

"Thank you," he says before looking at me. I was wearing the same bikini from my birthday. Don't judge, I didn't own any others. He leans in and I cut it short by putting my finger to his lips.