Epilogue; Ten Years

I fiddled with the ring around my finger with a smile. It has been a short ten years. In that time I had left secondary school, graduated university, gotten a high paying job and gotten married. Yeah, Mason asked me to marry me at graduation. And I couldn't say no after he got all the graduates to sing my favourite song; "Lean On" by Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft MØ.

"Hello Mrs Johnson," Mason said as he walked into our room. I turned to look at him with a smile. He looked the same as he did ten years ago, just with a stubble as curlier, dark brown hair.

"I don't think I'll get used to hearing that. And it's been six months," I said, truthfully. He walked over to the bed and climbed over me.

"Well, you should," he said, his voice husky, before leaning in so he was millimetres away from me. "Because it's the reality."

He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back with a smile as he shifted his position, causing me immediate discomfort.

"Be careful," I mumbled. His lips were lifted off mine and I frowned, longing for his touch. He rolled off the bed and climbed in between my legs. That sounded like something was about to go down. Don't worry, nothing was going to happen. He placed his lips on my stomach (which was usually flat but was now slightly fattier).

"You're right. We wouldn't was to hurt our little one, would we?" He asked, rubbing my stomach in circular motions.

"I can't wait until she comes out," I moaned. Don't blame me! Being a hormonal pregnant woman isn't all peaches. We were constantly running out of food because of my constant hunger.

"How do you know it's a girl?" He asked, an eyebrow cocked upwards.

I rolled to the side towards our bedside tables and opened the drawers to get the X-Ray's that o had gotten of our baby from the doctor. Tossing the photos at him, I climbed off the bed, only to fall back down again.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked me, worry in his voice.

"Yeah, just tired. Being pregnant isn't all fun and games," I said with a yawn as I curled in the loosest ball I could in Mason's arm.

"You're always tired," he said with a chuckle.

"I love your laugh," I said, looked up at his eyes.

"I love you. And the little one down there," he said, rubbing my stomach as he kissed my lips. He pulled away once I pulled away and pulled me up from our black sheet bed.

"Now, come on. Breakfast time," he said.

My ears perked up at the sound of food. "What did you make?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He teased.

I poked out my bottom lip and looked at him, pleading him with my eyes. Mason rolled his eyes playfully before holding my hand and walking me down the stairs to the kitchen. It was times like these where I wished we had a flat instead of a house. Once I got down the last step, the strong aroma of cheese, ham and toast filled the air. Mason was just so good to me.

"You made my favourite!" I exclaimed as I whipped my head to look at him.

"Only for my pregnant wife," he said, tapping my nose. I smiled and sat down at the kitchen bar with my plate of goodness, beginning to dig in.

"So good," I moaned.

"Tease." Mason mumbled while smirking. Confused, I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You're here, partially naked and moaning. Must you do this to me?" He told me. I smirked and continue to eat until I felt like I could eat no more. The rare times that decided to cook were the times I had the best meals.