A change

[cringecringecringe]

Japan had changed, like most of the world, and developed high security into the technology genre. Committing a crime wasn't easy, especially in the years of 2140s. People claimed that back in the 21st century, committing a crime was easier than taking candy from a baby. Unsuspecting the innocent, the guilty, people weren't strict enough or highly developed in security. Now as of the year 2146, things have changed, a change for the better. Japan felt safer, committing a crime was almost impossible.

But obviously people still at least tried to commit crimes in Japan, people needed to. What would life be like without crime? Boring? I'd say no, but many people commit crimes for specific reasons, they don't do it because it's against the law. Anyone would be stupid enough to commit a crime in the 22nd century. But some are smarter than that, they have minds that are much more powerful. But not as powerful as the mind controlled by a man, solving crime for his career. His name was Lawliet, much referred as L, his code name. He was never seen as himself, as the detective, neither were his successors, in which there were three of them. Lawliet, or also known as L, had tackled and solved every case given to him, without hesitation.

L was practically unstoppable, unless you were smart enough of course. But no one could ever solve his case. The case of Lawliet's humanity. His heart was ice cold, he hated human interaction, unless of course the right person came around. That person right now could be watched, not even knowing. This years technology really has developed to it's finest security, the only way you'd miss a thing was by blinking.

A/N: I wrote this story a year ago, around January 2015, so this is more cringey than anything I've ever read. It will also be quite complex sometimes, as I wasn't smart enough to include every single detail. I guess I'm trying to improve it by re-writing it, but don't worry, I'm not changing the story at all. Comments will be reduced so I'm sorry if your comments were deleted.

Enjoy my pain of cringing...

The Eyes;

Seeking through silence, wishing for the unordinary, but nothing ever happens. I understand that we're being cared for, but Japan really has gotten to it's limits. This world has officially made me bored, and there's nothing I can do anymore. I look out for news, seeking for information. But all information nowadays is history. I miss being able to walk outside and hear the screams, now all I can hear is the birds chirping and breaking the silence of the world. I guess you could call me careless, since I miss there being crime and hate in this world, but believe me, you'd be bored too.

"Annie, are you paying attention to what I'm instructing?" Growled Mr Owens to see my head tilted to the window in a likely grunge form.

I turn my head away from the window slightly and face the teacher staring death in the face. I wasn't scared, nor was I entertained, amused. I didn't feel anything, it's as if I have no emotions anymore.

"Sorry Mr Owens, I will pay more attention next time." I aswer with my eyes directing at the ground, almost feeling sorry for myself.

"It better not happen again, you are lucky Annie. It seems like you aren't getting enough sleep." Mr Owens calls out.

I reject that statement.

I never believed in luck, I guess you could say I make my own luck. I do get enough sleep, I'm just considerably bored in this man's lesson. He's failing in his duties, which were to teach me, but you don't see me learning anything here now do you?

"No, I got enough sleep Mr Owens. Maybe it's the fact that this class is so boring..." I growl back while standing from my desk, ready to be called out of the classroom.