Shivers

Annie P.O.V:

So many things have flew by me these past few days. I've managed to keep up with Danny, who now is half shinigami. Last time I remember, I showed him the Univers and the Solar System. Now these past few days I've been caught up in the cold and left behind watching everything Danny does. I still turn to my human form every now and then to ensure my mother that I'm still alive. L, what do I have to say about L? Well he stays by me, he doesn't know who to give his eyes to yet. I was hoping L would give his power to Light, but he has other plans.

437 days of waiting

I stare into Danny's eyes as he sleeps.

" What are we doing today?" a voice I remember so very well appears before me, hanging upside down ready for his answer.

I stare back with glaring eyes, glued to his posture. My red eyes hover about and turn straight to him.

" Depends on Danny" I answer him as he stares back at Danny in silence

" Why do you guys do that!!" Danny screams with widening eyes

" What's that racket! Danny! Annie!" I hear my mother walking upstairs

I quickly turn back to my human form along with L doing the same as me. Rushing to the door to wait for Danny. Danny still takes a few seconds longer to return to his human form, apparently his wings are comfortable, that's why he sleeps in them.

" Annie, L, what are you doing here?" my voice cracks at the sound of her touching face

I just want that life span! I know L
wants it too. But I love her and I'd never do that!

" Just checking on Danny!" I say

" At 4am?"

My face stutters and she can see the fear inside my eyes.

" Yeah" my voice breaks a little

" I thought you were staying at L's?" she asks as I turn to him

" She was feeling home sick" L answers for me relieving me

" Well I need my sleep so goodnight" she turns back and walks to her room

My whole world evolves around L suddenly. I turn back to him and I see him staring right into my eyes.

" That was close" Danny exclaims

I tilt my head over to Danny to see his eyes wide open.

" Well we might aswell leave her to sleep for a few hours. Lets just go" I say as I turn back to my normal half shinigami form and fly out the window to see L and Danny doing the same.

As we fly over the cities of Japan, I see L staring in my eyes the way he did before, and it felt comforting.

" Where to now?" he asks

" I need to go back to the realm to finish up on my list" I answer

" Its sad that your job is killing people" Danny sympathises