Absence

Annie P.O.V:

I wake up with an odd feeling stuck in my head, like something's missing, did I forget homework?

I rush up to my bag and realise I never had homework in the first place, laughing to myself hysterically, all alone. It's pretty sad really, but then again it's me.

" Annie, where's L?" a face pops up to my door as I'm laughing and I go all serious

" Who's L?" I ask

" The one you love and see every day!" Danny tries to explain but I just shake my head, who is this L he speaks of?

" Sorry, you must be thinking of someone else, I don't know anyone with the name just L"

" L, worlds greatest detective!" Danny screams enthusiastically but I don't buy it.

" I do know of him yes, I watch him on TV all the time. The wacky voice over detective who keeps his identity a secret, I don't know him, I don't love him either" I give Danny a disgusting look as if I don't know what he's talking about, because I don't

" Yes that L! He loves you, you love him. He was the one who turned you c'mon Annie! You got amnesia?"

" Turned me? I don't have amnesia Danny, or else I wouldn't know who you were either" I walk past him going downstairs towards the kitchen

I turn on the TV and notice more crimes are being commited. In this age, barely any are committed, that's why this L tackles these cases. Worlds greatest detective, Danny's lying, I'd never have a single chance with him! I also notice that they are taken place around Tokyo, scattered like signals. I started to overthink Danny's thoughts, he must have had a dream. I've never even met L, no one has!

" And we return to a special message from L himself, of course with a voice over as he's a very cautious man. Over to L!

Good morning Tokyo! I bring you a special message, to someone special. I will be going public for the first time, showing one lucky person who I really am. Who ever has the special deductive skills will be able to meet me in person. Of course I will be checking backrounds as this is a major risk for me, but I wanted a co-worker. So how you can show me you have the deductive skills is by solving a single case with a final answer, proving with hardcore evidence and reason. Goodbye Tokyo!

That was L! So whoever wants to join in and solve a single case will win a chance to meet L himself! Goodluck!"

I stare back at the TV and realise that L is putting up a big risk, he could get killed if he's not careful!

" Annie I'm leaving for school, see you after school!" Danny shouts as he walks down the stairs

" I have school too you know!" I reply smiling

" No you don't, you left school, you went to work with- oh yeah, nevermind" he realised I forgot

But I didn't forget anything, did I? I feel like this competition will help me find out if I did meet this L once, I highly doubt it, but it could be fun even if I don't meet him!

" I'll wait for you then, want me to drive?" he asks

" Sure I'll just be a minute getting dressed!" I rush upstairs

I slide into my black jeans and put on my white shirt and navy blazer. I honestly hate school uniform but at least we can keep the jeans.

" Ready!" I sling my bag on my shoulder and rush downstairs to meet Danny waiting for me in the car

He drives as I put on my seatbelt and we're off to school.

* * * * *
L P.O.V:

I fly above I think is Danny's car, and watch Annie as she takes on her daily life. What I love about her being human again is that she's happy, she never knew the people she killed, the innocent people. And I love how I can read her mind! I knew she would join in on the competition, surely she saw it as a challenge. I know her deductive skills are better than no other, she should be crowned worlds greatest detective, not me.