Here Lies

a/n : warning, this may confuse you as much as it confused the characters.

Annie POV:

I wake up, somewhere I had never been before, deserted and designated area. Silence fell apon me, I was all alone. I saw no one, I didn't hear a single sound. It was dark, but there was a source of light. It puzzled me where I was, and there was no way out, it was endless.

The last thing I could remember was talking to Lawliet at school, and joining forces once again.

" I'm afraid that is only what you wanted to remember" a voice appered behind me

" What?" I ask confused

" The last thing you remeber, was falling from the sky" they said

" But, I came back, to the Shinigami Realm. L tried to take away my powers, I went back to school!" I debate

" I'm sorry to tell you this, Annie. But you died that day, you were dreaming"

" But it was all real!" I scream

" I'm sorry, Annie Havé"

The voice was quite familiar, but I couldn't remember where I had heard it before, it wasn't L's voice. But I had heard it, only once.

" It is I, Annie, the Shinigami King!"

" But shouldn't you be controlling the realm?" I ask

" I am" he smiles

" Lawliet gave you that dream, to satisfy you in all things"

" But I hurt him in those dreams"

" You did, he wanted to finally give you up, but he wished to keep you asleep, all those years"

" Years?!"

" Yes Annie. You were asleep for seven years"

" I should be twenty-five!" I scream

" You never aged" he smiled again, chuckling at my shame.

" How did he give me that dream?"

" Shinigami don't just have control over death, we have control over actions and dreams"

" Lawliet, what happened to him? Why did he stop the dream?" I ask

" Shinigami grow weak when the gold dreams for a limited amout of time ... before we turn to ashes, and ashes to dust, and dust to nothing"

" Lawliet is .... dead?!"

" I'm afraid so, he sacrificed his life to maintain your happiness and make you believe that you were alive"

" Did he age?"

" No, Shinigami do not age at all"

" Where is Lawliet?" I cry

" We decided to bury his remains, the ashes that are now nothing, near where he grew up.We thought he'd be happy there, to finally find his purpose"

" I'll be leaving" I say

" A shinigami giving another a dream, gives them life, I hope you thank him for that"

" I will" tears stream down my face

He was no longer here, with me by his side. No one to protect me anymore, no one to hold. No one to laugh around with, or fly around with. No one to maintain my happiness.

Lawliet risked his life for mine, for a whole seven years! If I knew it was him doing this, I would have stopped him from being so careless about himself.

* * *

" Here lies .. my Lawliet, my night, my day, my soldier, my protector, my friend, my love, my stranger, my bystander, my detective, my life saver .. my Lawliet" I cry again, over the grave close to the building ' Wammy's house' where he grew up.

" Here lies ... my one and only"

I felt like taking a bullet right to the head, he was the reason I was alive.

" Luckily I achieved saving you" I heard the voice I wanted to hear at that right moment

I turned around from my pounding chest and saw Lawliet standing right before me.

" How are you ... alive?!"

" I have twenty-four hours until I really turn to nothing. Anything you want to do ... Whatever the cost!"

" I know what we're doing today, a proper way to say goodbye" I smile.

* * *

L POV:

Annie's plan was amazing. To bring me on TV and kill criminals and find the person who killed them, but together, one last case.

Cameras and lights all on me, my first time showing my face on public television.

" Good morning all, this is the first time showing the public who I really am, I am L. I have to say that a new criminal thinks she can kill whoever she wants! She goes by the name, Anister, and her killings are spreading. Luckily this Anister is only killing criminals. But me and my new partner in crime will be catching the culprit behind this. To be honest, I hope I don't fall for this' Anister"

Anister, was Annie. Annie was going to be the last case I would solve, to bring me to peace. She was going to be killing criminals around the area, hopefully without me seeing her, and if I caught her, the game would end. If the game went on, in the last hour of my twenty-four, she would make her more obvious to find.

Let the games begin ..