Annie

a/n Sorry this is the end of this series. I really hope you did enjoy it. Hey, its not completely over! Because I'm currently working on improving it, I honestly think this is the best idea of a fanfiction I've ever had as it's original but with many plot twists and characters. So, here's to our beginning, not our end.

Games:

Annie POV:

The idea of the games was for L to solve one last case before turning into ashes, ashes to dust, and dust to nothing. Although I had mixed emotions about this, mainly grief and sadness, but I wanted him to enjoy his last moments, not regret them.

He was incredibly childish, and hated to lose, I was also increadibly childish and hated losing, perfect match. I wasn't sure how long it would take for him to find me, surely no longer than twenty-four hours, the remaining time he had left. Knowing L, he'd find me in an hour. But that would spoil my fun, the hunt is better than the catch. I enjoy running, being caught is cowardly, not running. Running shows you have the guts to keep up, to keep up from the things you're running from, which is brave.

three,

two,

one.

I heard the gunshot, and I was ready, stronger than ever. To avoid being caught, I could even steal his eyes half way through, but that would spoil the fun of running. My eyes lit up like a pair of furnaces, bonfires growing, exploiting, springing with an urge.

I could already feel the distance between us growing, Light was watching us, with help of a shinigami. He was actually on my side, not L's side, like when he faked being the one who had the same possession of power as I did. Memories flew back as I spread my wings as far as they could go. Back when, L acted like a normal famous detective. When he fell for me that night of the celebration, and I turned him down, because I knew he was on my trail. Why would I have trusted a detective already trying to catch me?

I admit, I liked him too, but my life came before any kind of romance, which I didn't care about, nor do I barely now. We don't do romance, we fight, train, becoming stronger, killing off those who seek judgment, bang!

" I'm getting closer. Better run faster" he smirked behind me

I screamed! How could he have found me that quickly? The aim of the game was to find me at least after an hour, but now he was trying to get me worried, I wasn't, it wasn't working.

" You better keep up then, if I showed my strongest side, I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to keep up" I groaped back

" SHOW ME!" He shouted, laughing, mocking me.

I did. I flew at the speed of light, literally. I knew he'd find it difficult to keep up with me, he knew that too. He was back at the bottom, as I flew to skytowers, waiting impatiently. What's a game without a little fun?

The stars were so beautiful, yet so far away. I wanted this moment to last forever, with L by my side. Only this time, he was my enemy, and I wasn't going to lose. In the end, I would lose anyway, as he only has hours left until he soon becomes a hint of nothingness. I wouldn't be able to bare it! Losing him, would be the worst feeling of all.

The way he smirked when he took me for dinner, and whispered his identity gently in my ear as if he trusted me. The way he smiled at me as if I was the only thing keeping his smile alive, it all meant something.

But the times that struck me and made me feel how I felt at that moment, tormented me. When L pointed the gun at me, and was about to shoot. I begged him for my life, but he just wouldn't listen. When he kidnapped Light, all part of his devious plan. Surely he didn't need to do all that to confront me who he really was, I wasn't believing it for one second.

" You better start running" I heard his voice getting closer, I thought I was out of reach! Clearly I wasn't hidden. I was just flying out in the open.

" I give up on this game!" I scream, with him behind me questioning.

" Give up?"

" Yes! You are up to something and I know it!"

" Up to what?!"

" When you tried to shoot me in your act, what were you really planning?!!"

His eyes scoop down and there's my answer.

" I didn't want you killing people like I did. I wanted to be the only one with this power! So I tried to kill you but then I realised I loved you"

I come closer to him, struggling to believe him for once.

" I'm stronger than you, I'm faster than you, I have more power than you will ever have!"

" My life will end in one hour, and that's your last words?"

I sigh

" No, these are ..."

" This is my universe, and I don't want you in it" I continue

He looks shocked at me as I smile. I didn't want him here if all he was going to do was lie to me.

Suddenly, his eyes begin to darken, and his skin starts to fade. He was in the middle of disappearing!

" Lawliet!"

" Annie it's okay, I'll be out of your universe now"

" L no!"

" Just remember that night I lost you, and gave you this dream. I sacrificed my life so you could continue yours in a fantasy" he smiled

" I want to do the same, surely I can!"

" No you can't, just remember the day we met, I was watching you murder your first victim" he smiled again.

And he was gone.

And all those memories with him.

Those words were my last, life doesn't wait, don't make the same mistake I made.

Okaaaay now this is finally the end to the story, I'm working on the the improvement to this story on a seperate project which might take a looong time to write sorry.

Please let me know if you have any ideas to improve it, and now I can't wait to announce my new fanfic: Pitch (ereri) which is mainly about baseball and Eren and Levi developing feelings for eachother with some plot twists here and there. Also Gravity is out now which is more of a fantasy read, not a fanfic like all my other stories.

I'm so grateful to everyone who has read this story up to the end, and everyone who voted, or just read a little chapter, or even added to their lists with titles 'cool reads' as it means the world to me as cheesy as it sounds.

Word count for the whole story including every single chapter, cluding updates.

- 44,352

oh god that's a lot of words

See you on the Pitch (pun that no one laughed at :/)