Murder

L P.O.V:

I went silent. I knew Annie couldn't see me, but she stared right inside my eyes. Then I immediately saw red textures flowing through her eyes and it was as if she had activated her previous ones. She then stopped and went back to her desk.

There was a connection I felt, the connection I felt on the day I met her. She was wearing a leather jacket over a black and white shirt, and black jeans. Annie was ordered to answer questions of suspicion when she killed the robber in the little store. I saw that her eyes from then began to change day by day, getting darker and darker until I couldn't see anything. My world evolved around those eyes, which made my world darker until everything was pitch black.

My world began to crumble as I saw her falling from me, I was intches away from her lust stretched hand, begging me to save her life. But I was too late, as I got hold of that hand, she had already broken every bone in her body from the height of where she was. I cried a lot, then saw her in the realm and felt so happy, it was like a roller coaster.

I died that day, you said you tried to save me. Trying obviously wasn't good enough.

I read her thought! She could read mine?!

" Annie.."

L....

It was her, but it wasn't the girl I fell in love with. She was being rude to me, saying that trying to save her wasn't good enough, maybe it wasn't.

I stare back at the clock and see that the bell should ring in a few minutes

" Where should I meet you?" I ask

Wait a second..

Bing, bong, bing, bong, bing, bong, bong, bing!

The bell rang and Annie stormed out the ward and outide where she was free from witnesses

" What L?"

" How could you read my mind!? I'm half shinigami! No one can read a shinigami or half a shinigami's mind!" I scream with concerned eyes, petrified

Silence fell across me, not allowing me to speak any further. It was Annie's chance to answer me, I was starting to get desperate!

But then she just starts to laugh, by herself. It was awkward as hell that I was there just watching her laugh. But then she finally stopped and stared at me.

" Turn to your human form" she demands

I do as she says, feeling threatened. But why would I be if I'm the one who can easily kill her, for I cannot be killed.

She drags me to the tree, and her hand is at my neck. I feel scared, but why would I be?

" Annie what are you doing?!" I ask as I watch her eyes turn to that same red over and over again

" Never," she came closer

" Underestimate," she continued

" Me..!" And suddenly I saw blood coming from her eyes and hands.

It was as if I was seeing a different person! I was scared, I wanted to leave forever. I felt threatened, even if she couldn't kill me.

" What are you doing?!" I scream as I see blood on my hands too

All I see is her blurred figure, walking closer to me. I feel like I'm glued to this tree, I can't move! She was abel to read my mind, does that mean she can control it too?

" Yes it does L" she smiles evily

I felt like crying, I had lost my dear Annie, the one I fell in love with a long time ago.

Memories flashed, I'm sure Annie was watching them too. The day we met, when I said I suspected her, the day we kissed finally, the day I thought I lost her when she fell to the ground and I couldn't save her.

Tears of blood begin to fall to my hands, as if I were leaking blood from my eyes. She had changed, and it was my fault.

" I'm not done" she shouts at me as I try to end my misery in my hands filled with blood

" You ruined my life! I was happy being half a shinigami L! But now you made me dangerous, dangerous enough to kill a shinigami. And guess who I'm gonna start with!" She demanded me to answer

" The one who showed you the universe, the one who made your dreams come true. The one you loved and saw everyday" I answer staring at her with blank emotion

" No, I'm gonna start with the one who shattered my chances to change humanity! The shinigami king knew I was strong, he gave me a chance to end this, it was making me innocent! My love for you was making me good, but there is no such thing as an innocent killer" she explained

I screamed with pain! She was starting to destroy me from the inside. My eyes began to crawl back with fear. My heart began to slow down. I was feeling pain, because I love her. Nothing was going to change that, even if she were to murder me. I screamed again as I tried to change into my shinigami form, but couldn't, my horns and wings failed me. My eyes were turning against me. I suddenly felt nothing, all I saw was her face, her true form under the fake.

" I'm sorry, I love you" and that was the last I heard of Annie Havé

* * * *
* * * *
* * * *

Fortunately, she did spare me, but only a little. When I was found, my heart was scratched, my eyes were leaking blood, I was a mess. I thank her that she spared me, killing me would have been to easy.

I became human again, she had permanently stolen my shinigami features. They turned against me anyways, I was happy to be free from the guilt. Her memories of me remained, I couldn't hurt her again, nor myself. I still loved her, she couldn't change that. I still saw her every now and then at school, but we never looked at eachother or spoke.

And to me, it feels like 1,000 years ago