Outgrown - season finale

Annie Pov;

I reach in as his sad face starts to appear again before me. His sweet, innocent smile, I miss it dearly. L, where do I start with you?

His eyes start to water as he floats up in the air upsidedown facing me. He comes closer

" I remember how we met like it was yesterday" I say as I start to cry silently

The tears fall, as L catches them and whipes them away.

" I'd do it all again" he mumbles out

" Ohh Lawliet"

We both reach in and we kiss sofly, his lips, gentle. This is how it should have been, that day in the cold rain.

Rain drops fall to our faces. I look up into the blank sky, watching the rain pour down to us.

" Annie" L says shocked

" What?" I ask confused

He looks behind me and I turn around. Something pushes L further back.

" Annie, you have .." he pauses

I turn back towards his deep filled eyes. His eyes deep skies.

" W-Wings!" he exclaims

I tilt my head towards my back only to see black and slightly red colour wings hanging, like the dress I wore that night too!

I knew I had gained horns from L, but never thought of gaining wings! The wings flap high towards L.

I flip my body upside down and face L.
He looks so pale and sad, like he's ashamed of all of this.

" You can read my thoughts" L says as he flies closer

I try to listen to what he's thinking

Annie looks amazing! Stunning with those wings and horns, she looks like me. She has outgrown her human form, and become Half a Shinigami like me. I feel so guilty, it's all my fault this happened! WHY DO I LOVE HER SO MUCH?!

I stare at L with watery eyes. He regrets loving me. I try to fly away, but L makes it impossible. He takes my hand.

" I don't regret loving you at all, you mean everything to me. And I never want to lose you. I might make another mistake, and lose you forever" L explains himself

" Is this the end? Does our journey end here?" I ask concerned

" Our journey will never end Annie"

He looks deeply in my eyes with trust. But I still can't trust him the way I did before.

" Our journey is just beginning. And we will rule together"

" Rule what?" I ask

" We have the control over anyone in this world. Where do you want to go Annie?"

I pause for a while. I don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to rule!

" Home," I say

" I want to go home"

" But we can go anywhere, Annie! Anywhere you want to. We can go where your heart desires" he says

" My heart desires home" I cry

" I never asked for this! I never asked to be half a Shinigami. Or even meet you!" I scream

L looks to the ground, feeling sick. I can do nothing but stare at him.

She's right. I never should have bugged her in the first place, or even turned her into this beast I've become!

" I told you before," I cut his thoughts off

" You're not a beast!" I shout

The rain pours on my wings as they start to fail. High in the air I start to fall myself from the sky to the ground!

To be honest, I wouldn't really mind if I died right here and now. Loving him, seems like a pretty good way to go.

" Annie!" He shouts high and tries to rescue me

I grab hold of her shattered body, she's weak, terrified.

" Annie!" I scream for a response

But nothing ...

" ANNIE!" I scream again but louder

No answer still.

I check for a pulse.
Nothing ..

Annie's gone, I couldn't save her as she was falling at the speed of light.

She's gone, gone forever!

I start to cry at the top of my lungs as I see her red eyes beginning to close. She's gone! NO! NOT NOW! PLEASE!

Nothing ...

She's gone forever. The guilt will haunt me for also forever!

" ANNIE!!!!" I screech as the waterfalls fall onto her shattered and cold body.

" annie "

I have nothing left. She was the only person I loved and cared for. She was the only one to make me happy, to escape who I really am!

I can't bare this. I love her more than anything. And now she's gone.