Chapter 18

Liana's P.O.V

After our little 'talk', we started to get ready for bed. I was a little anxious, to be honest, because in my whole life, I didn't have to share a bed with anyone else. And then suddenly, my first mate rejected me, then I ran into a creepy, old-ass Alpha, and then ran into King of all Alphas, who is my new mate. And happily, he didn't rejected me, so life is good. Not.

I still wonder, and I still can't shake the feeling that something bad will happen. I mean, my whole life is a bad thing. 

I still have a few scars and cuts on my body from my old pack. But I hope that in a few days it will heal. I mean, I'm not like any other wolves.

This reminded me of those cliche romance stories where the girl says 'I'm not like other girls'. And then she turns around, and does exactly what all the other girls do. Never really understood those things. Nor those girls.

But other than that, I really should be focused on what I'm doing, because I found myself standing still and not moving, not even a little, which apparently freaked Colton out. I probably looked like I was talking to someone, in my head.

''Liana, Liana! Are you okay?'' Colton asked me, while putting his hands on my shoulders and shaking me slightly. 

''Y-yeah, I'm alright, just spaced out, a little bit.'' I replied calmly, but on the inside, I was freaking out too. I didn't realize I had gotten this spaced out.

''Good, I thought something happened to you, you looked really creepy actually, standing there and not moving.''

''Gee, thanks Colton, that's what every girls want to hear'' I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes at him.

''You know I didn't meant it that way.''

''I know, I'm just playing.'' I replied. And if he didn't get my humor, then we can't be friends anymore... Just joking, of course.

''Are you sure, that it's alright for me to sleep next to you?''

''As I said before, it is. If not now, then sooner or later, we would have to sleep with each other'' I said. 

I looked up at him, as I was fixing the bed, to find him smirking at me. At first I didn't realize what was going on, maybe I had something on my face that made him look at me like that. And I didn't say something that would- Oh.

''Oh my God, that's not what I meant, you pervert.''  I threw a pillow at this face, but sadly he caught it before it hit him straight in the face.

''What?'' He replied innocently ''I don't know what you meant, but I agree, sooner or later we WILL have to sleep with each other.'' Again. He smirked.

''Again, pervert.'' I smiled.

With that being said, we lied down, under the covers. I was glad actually that he didn't touch me, or cuddled me. I'm not ready for this whole new level of intimacy. Actually never really in my life there was any intimacy, I just received a lot of beating, and pushing. I'm glad I managed to escape it. But I don't know for how long.

Jame's P.O.V

Her. I need her. My wolf needs her. We both need her. I can't sleep, I can't eat, all I keep thinking about is how to get that beauty back. I don't care that I rejected her. When I will get her back, we will live happily ever after. And she'll forgive me. Because that's what mates do, right?

They forgive each other.

Or that's what I'm thinking, since young age.

But from time to time, I get this feeling in my heart, more like a stab in it. It feels as if she's with someone else. While she should be with me. No one can take her away from me. And I was stupid to realize, that I'm a complete d-bag, for rejecting her, and beating her and letting others to beat her.

A true mate would never do that. Would he?

Questions, questions, all these days it's the most common thing to me. Since she left, I just keep questioning myself, and my actions. But the most important question is:

Where is she?