Chapter 4

I woke up from the birds chirping. It was like music to my ears. Now you think I am a weirdo because I like the birds chirping. But if you were in my position you would say the same thing.

My eyelids were heavy because it was the first time that I got to sleep more than 5 hours, and I wasn't used to this. I slowly got up and looked at my surroundings. The lake was more beautiful in daylight. The sun shined brightly, while at the moment water reflect it.

Does my pack already noticed that I'm gone? I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't upset or sad. The best word to describe the only emotion they would feel at the time is anger. 

They would be mad because their 'maid' ran away. I pictured James making out with Mandy, and quickly pushed the image away. I was still hurting. My wolf didn't exactly received the rejection very well. She is hurting more than I do.

I don't care, no matter what my wolf is going to say, I will never , ever go back to that jerk, who is called our mate.

Like, literally, he rejected us, he hurt us and she still wants to be with him. Who does that? Apparently my wolf does.

 But I would never forgive him. All the people in the pack are monsters. They are like vampires. When they taste your blood, they can't stop because they want more.

My back was hurting from sleeping by the tree. My injuries were already healed, now you want to know about me, or my wolf?

Well here's the story. When I was little I noticed something different about me. I was faster and stronger than other wolves. Even faster than James. That was a surprise for everyone, because nobody expected a regular wolf to be faster than the Alpha's son. Also, when it came to heavy things, I would pick them easily while others had to lift harder.

When I was 10, I first shifted but nobody knew that. It was very strange for me to shift at that young age. Only the Alpha's could shift at young age, even then it happens at 13. When I gained my wolf, which is named Cherrie, she told me all about myself.

At first I didn't believe this, but after awhile I started to. You see, I am a very rare wolf. In a whole wolves history there was just one wolf like me that existed. My wolf is all black, except white little stars that are on my ears.

I am a very powerful wolf. I can heal myself even from silver faster, but it still will leave scars. Also I can heal others. I never used it before but I'm planning it, somewhere in the future.

Then I thought about my family. There was a tiny hope that they wanted me to go back and that they were sad. I pushed those thoughts away and went into the lake to clean myself up.

Josh P.O.V (Liana's brother)

The party was great except the part where that little slut ran away. I wonder if she managed to lift her weight to run. I wouldn't be surprised if she was laying on the ground by the pack's boundary. Maybe she's panting like a dog now, who ran away from hunters.

All of the pack hates her. Sometimes I wonder, why is she hated? I have that feeling, when you worry about a person, you know?

Like a brotherly feeling. But then I start to do something to keep my mind off that stuff. The only sister that I have is Mandy. You can say we are like twins. We have a lot of similarity. Also she is Alpha's mate. The only thing that I don't understand is when Mandy sleeps around, and James does the same thing. Don't they feel any hurt, when their mates are with another wolves? 

I guess I have to figure out that myself.

James P.O.V

She ran away. My mate ran away. Well I understand her, I rejected her but why do I feel like a part of me is missing? Like my soul, my heart is missing, and I have that emptiness inside of me. It's making me mad. I don't want her but why I am still feeling like this. I know that she is my mate, my 'other half' but I rejected her. I shouldn't be feeling like this.

She is ugly, a peace of trash. Mandy is so much better than her in every way. People believe me when I say, that she's my mate. I just have to keep that little secret to myself. Even my dad thinks she's my mate. He is saying she will be a great Alpha Female.

Me, on the other hand, disagrees with him. She sleeps around all the time. But I can't complain because I am doing the same thing.

I sat on my bed and heard a knock on my door.

''Come in!'' I said.

The door opened and there stood Josh. He wanted to ask me something, I knew that. He had that determination in his eyes.

''I wanna ask you a question'' he started.

''Well, go ahead.''

''I was wondering, if you two are mates with Mandy, then why neither of you don't feel any pain or anger when both of you are sleeping with other people?''

When I thought that no one will know, it looked like he already had figured it out. But how? I think he has a point, when Mandy sleeps around, I don't feel anything towards her. No anger, no pain.

''How did you know that Mandy and I aren't mates?'' I asked.

''Well, when she or you are sleeping with someone else, you don't have any emotions on your face that would show that you are angry, or even betrayed.'' he stated.

''I will tell you who is my real mate. But you have to keep your mouth shut. Do you understand?''

''Yes.'' Then he walked towards the bed where I was sitting and sat near me.

''My real mate is... Liana.''

''What?!''

''I told you to shut up! Didn't I?'' he immediately closed his mouth, but he was looking like he was thinking of something very hard, the way his face frowned.

After awhile he spoke up.

''But how?''

''The night when she ran away, I felt it, you know? The moment when our eyes locked, it was like there was just us at that moment. But then I realized that she is Liana and I rejected her.'' I whispered the last part. I was still ashamed of that action. 

''Well she deserved it. She's not worth anything. She's just a piece of shit'' he said, while looking me in the eyes.

My wolf wanted to come out and rip him apart for insulting my mate. But I kept him down and just said.

''I totally agree with you''

It hurt me to say those words, but I couldn't do anything about it.

Or more importantly I didn't wanted to.

Liana P.O.V

After I cleaned myself up. I felt cleaner. I felt refreshed. 

I was about to leave but then I remembered I came with my stuffed bear. And I couldn't leave without it. As stupid as it may sound like.

I looked everywhere for it but I couldn't find it.

Then I decided to look further in the woods. Maybe I accidentally left it there?

But then something caught my eyes. My stuffed bear was near the water. Weird, I'm sure that I didn't left it there. But maybe I did, maybe I just don't remember.

I went to pick it up, and when I did, I turned around and started to walk the opposite way from my pack. And what can I say? It felt really good.