Chapter Three

This chapter is more of a filler! Hope it's not boring! Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------Chapter Three----------------------------------------------------

“Hi, Lizzie…..right?”

I looked up to see Finn Hudson standing over me. I could feel my heart speed up as I looked into his chocolate eyes. I nodded, a little bit too quickly.

“Yep, that’s me. Finn….right?” I asked, trying (and failing) to play it cool.

Finn smiled and nodded, “That’s right.” He took the empty chair next to me.

I was confused. Wasn’t he supposed to be with Rachel right now planning their duet? I looked over at Rachel to see her talking to Puck, who looked a bit frightened by her strong demeanor.

“I know we don’t talk much, but I was wondering if you wanted to be my partner.” He asked, shooting me a tiny smile.

I almost dropped my pencil, sing with Finn? The only girl who ever sings with Finn is Rachel, that’s just how Glee Club worked. But, it would be a great experience. The only boy I ever sang with was Kurt (and we rocked it everytime, just sayin'). I smiled and nodded.

“Sure! But, don’t you usual duet with Rachel? Why the sudden change?” I asked, motioning over to his girlfriend.

Finn shrugged, “We both decided we needed a change.”

We talked about each other’s lives, if we are going to sing together, we need to get to know each other a little better. I can’t believe he had to hang out with my brothers; he seemed too sweet to even know them. Pretty soon, the bell rang signaling it was time to move on to the last period of the day, we both stood up.

“I’ll call you later?” Finn asked, putting on his backpack.

I nodded, “Yep, Kurt has my number.”

“Cool,” He smiled, “See ya, Lizzie!”

He caught up to Rachel and the two walked hand-in-hand out of the choir room. I smiled after Finn, until Kurt came into my vision.

“Jeez, Kurt!” I said, holding onto my chest.

Kurt smiled, “Someone has a crush on Finn!” He said in a sing-song voice.

“Do not!” I said as I picked up my stuff.

Kurt just rolled his eyes, “Uh-huh.”

We walked out of the choir room together. I stopped at my locker as Kurt leaned on the one next to me.

“So, are you and Sam partners?” I asked as I replaced my chemistry book with my English III Honors one.

Kurt sighed, “Not yet, he’s so self conscious about what people will think.”

“Are you going to find a new partner?” I asked, closing my locker.

Kurt shook his head as we started to walk down the halls, “Please, I have my ways.”

XXX

“Get out of my car!” Joe said in an annoyed tone as we pulled into the driveway.

I rolled my eyes as I unbuckled my seat belt, “As you wish….asshole.” I muttered the last part.

Before Joe could react, I grabbed my stuff and ran inside the house. I put my bag down on the floor by the door and my books on the shoe bench.

“I’m home!!” I yelled.

“I’ll be right out!” I heard my mom call out.

I smiled. My mom works from home, she sells homes for a living so she can make appointments from the house and then meet up for the Open Houses. She goes into the main office maybe about twice a month, but she’s much happier at home. Joe and Nick came in after me. Joe’s hard expression turned soft when Mom came out from the study. Joe is Mr. Nice Guy when my parents are around. He puts on the act everyday when we get home and every weekend, not to mention summer vacations. The sad part? My parents actually believe his terrible acting.

“How are my kids?” Mom smiled as she hugged us.

We all muttered answers. When she hugged me, her face grew into confusion. She pointed at the dry stain on my shirt.

“How did that get there?” She asked, rubbing at the stain.

I felt Joe’s hand on my shoulder, “Just some stupid prank Artie thought was funny.” I smiled.

Mom smiled back and said a quick goodbye as she went back into the study. Joe got in front of me.

“Don’t you dare mention anything to mom.” He said in a fierce tone.

I sighed, “I never do, Joe.”

I moved around him and went to the kitchen for a quick snack. Joe always reminds me to not tell our parents about the bullying, ever since I almost did once, he has been on me like a vulture on a carcass. I popped a Coke open and sat at the breakfast bar as I got out my laptop to search some songs for Finn and I to sing.

“What’cha up to?” I heard Nick’s voice as he went to the pantry.

I gave him a confused look, “A glee assignment. We have to sing a duet.” I said, might as well make conversation with him.

Nick was about to say something when my mom walked in. “Finally done for the day! What do you guys want for dinner?”

“Chicken!” Nick and I said at the same time.

She laughed, “Chicken it is then.”

Nick went to go do homework as I continued on my computer. That was…odd. Nick and I never had a real decent conversation since the summer before sophomore year. That was before Joe sucked him into becoming a football player.

Were things really changing?

XXX

“Hon, why doesn’t any of your glee friends come by anymore? I haven’t seen Kurtsince your freshman year.” My mom said at the dinner table.

My brothers gave me a look, I shrugged, “We just never get the chance to hang outside of school, I guess.”

“Well, how about you invite Kurt over for dinner this weekend?” My dad asked, smiling.

My Dad loves Kurt, which wasn’t something you here often from a man who volunteered at the church. He was a bit 'if-y' about me being friends with a gay boy, but as soon as he met Kurt, he wanted him around all the time. Sure, Kurt used to come over every weekend (heck, most of the glee kids used to) but then they grew afraid of what my brothers would do inside their own home...so, they stopped coming over.

“Any new glee assignments this week?” My Mom asked, putting more potatoes on her plate.

She loved singing, my parents never missed a concert!

I nodded, “We’re singing duets.”

“How fun! Who’s your partner?”

I swallowed, “Finn Hudson.”

Joe dropped his fork. He hates Finn as much as he hates Kurt….maybe more. The fact that I’m doing a duet with him probably kills him inside; I couldn't help but smile.