Chapter Sixteen- Part 1

Finally a update from this story! I'm so excited for ya'll to read this! :D
----------------------------------------------------------Chapter Sixteen------------------------------------------------------ It has been a couple of months since Regionals and things have...changed. Let's start with the great changes, which include Kurt's return to McKinley! There's no better feeling than having your best friend return to your school. Especially now since he can tag along to New York with us. As for Jesse and I, we cut it off (whatever 'it' was). Actually, we just stopped talking to each other. Also, Finn and I had been slowly becoming friends again. It's hard, since Quinn is now watching me like a hawk, but it's been amazing connecting with him again. 

 Now, the bad changes. Nick and I had drifted apart more than ever. It was as if he never joined Glee, it was back to the way things were. Even the Football Team's bullying was back, I guess Joe now has it out for me since that locker room spat. Did I mention that Quinn was watching my every movement with Finn? It was getting out of control. Even if I just asked Finn what the homework was, she would swoop in giving Finn a peck on the lips.  Never the less, Junior Prom was here and the Club was responsible for entertainment. I was singing "Every time We Touch" by Cascada, the slow version.  I wasn't going to let 'Fuinn' ruin it for me.

Mercedes, Rachel, Sam, and I were actually all going to Prom together! It was all part of our 'Prom On a Budget' plan, since Sam's family was going through some financial trouble. I sat in front of my vanity, I had on a long light red (not pink) strapless dress that had a slit that went up to a little above my knee. It was my dream prom dress! I curled my hair and applied my makeup. 

"Lizzie! Your friends are here!" My Mom called from downstairs.

I slipped on my black pumps and took one last look in the mirror. I smiled, this was it.

It was time for the best night of our young lives.

XXX

No P.O.V.

Nick sat on the couch in Amzio's living room. His tux felt uncomfortable as he tried to fixed his tie, he groaned, he hated wearing monkey-suits like these. Heck, he didn't even want to go to Prom, it was Joe that forced him. Even thought he's a Senior, he had a date-Emily- and she refused to go unless her best friend Macy could get a date. That's where Nick came in. He sighed, he would rather go to the Prom with Lizzie...and Rachel.

Rachel. He was hoping that he would be able to dance with her before the night ended, but that was up to her. He took another sip of water,it was actually his third bottle. He didn't know why, but he has been extremely thirsty for the past couple of days. Also, he had been getting headaches and has just been tired. Maybe the stress of Finals coming? He shrugged it off. 

He was going to have fun at Prom...at least he hoped so.

XXX

Lizzie P.O.V.

I had to admit, I thought Prom would be lame, but it's actually pretty awesome. The Gym was completely transformed from it's bare walls to streamers and balloons. Tables filled up the gym floor, a dance floor in front of them as well as a stage in front of the dance floor. I laughed as Mercedes, Rachel, and I danced together to Puck, Artie, and Sam's version of 'Friday', which was surprisingly catchy. 

I scanned the gym, my eyes are landing on Nick dancing with a Cheerio. His smile didn't reach his eyes, it was obvious that he was miserable....he even looked at bit pale. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Joe, who was grinding on some teenage trollop. Why was he even here? I just shook my head, I wasn't going to let them ruin my night. I then looked over at Finn who was dancing with Quinn. I smiled, he looked so handsome in his tux. Finn's eyes met mine as he shot me a smile, I smiled back. Quinn then pulled him down to her level and pressed his lips to her. I rolled my eyes, I told myself I wasn't going to let her ruin my prom. I intended on keeping that promise to myself.