Chapter Seven

Hey! How's everyone doing out there? I miss ya guys! I feel like I'm NEVER on :(. Oh well, here's a new chapter!

The Subsitute

-------------------------------------------------------Chapter Seven-----------------------------------------------------------

"Well, I was thinking today that we could discuss what solos you want me to sing at Sectionals."

"Okay. That's it. LET ME AT HER!"

Rachel screamed as Santana bolted up from her seat, yelling something in spanish. Luckily, the boys were able to stop her just before she made her way to Rachel. I sighed and leaned back in my seat, it has been like this all week. Ever since Mr. Shue left early yesterday from the flu, Rachel has completely taken over the club. All that she talked about was what ballad she would sing at Sectionals or what duet she and Finn will sing. I looked over at Finn, he seemed a bit annoyed by Rachel's antics as well, but it wasn't like he could stop supporting his girlfriend. No matter how much I sometimes wish he would.

"This is insane. We need someone to look over the club while Mr. Shue is gone." I said, leaning over to Kurt.

"Huh?" He responded, looking up from his phone.

I rolled my eyes. He has been texting Blaine everyday since he came to lunch. Even though Blaine makes Kurt happy (it's so obvious he has a crush on him) I feel like Kurt and I are drifting apart. We still talk and text, but it's plain to see that he rather be with Blaine. I shrugged off that feeling for now.

"I'm saying that we need a subsitute. They don't need to sing, just supervise so we all don't rip off Rachel's head." I gestured to her as she wrote names of musicals on the white board.
Kurt nodded then smiled.

"I think I know exactly who to get."

XXX
No P.O.V.
Next Morning

"Nick."

Nick stopped running to see Joe catching up to him. He was trying to avoid Joe all day, he even got Azmio to take him to school, but he knew he couldn't avoid Joe forever. Especially on Track Day when Joe is the fastest runner on the team. Joe came up to Nick and the two started walking side by side. Nick knew Joe's 'talk' was coming, he was busy thinking of ways he could escape. Run like hell? No, Joe will definetly catch him. Fake an injury? Nah, Joe will probably make it worse. He sighed, knowing he was defeated.

"What the hell, man?" Joe asked, hitting him lightly.

Nick swallowed, "What?" He decided to play dumb.

"Why did you defend Kurt? Do you have a crush on him or something?"

Nick almost choked on air. Did Joe really think he was defending Kurt yesterday? Sure, Nick sometimes felt bad for the kid, but it wasn't like he was going to do anthing to save him. Plus, Lizzie was right there, why wouldn't Joe think he was protecting her? Nick shook his head.

"No! Ew."

Joe let out a sigh of relief, "Thank God. Wait...were you helping Lizzie?"

"Y...yes." Nick answered, getting ready to bolt out.

Joe went in front of him, "Why? You're not going soft on my now, are you bro? Think of how she embrassed us!"

"I know! I know! It was just a one time thing, ALL RIGHT?" Nick practically screamed.

Joe stepped back. He wasn't used to seeing Nick angry, heck, Nick never really showed any emotion. Joe just nodded, a little of afraid of his younger brother at the moment.

"I got you! Jeez. See you later." Joe gave him a nasty look then ran ahead to Karofsky.

Nick gulped, what did he just do?

XXX
Lizzie P.O.V.

....Now baby, baby, baby why'd you wanna, wanna hurt me so
bad (so bad) so bad
(so bad)
I tried to tell my momma but she told me this is one
for your dad (your dad, your dad)
Yes she did, Yes she did

I laughed as Kurt and I danced together while cooning "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green. Kurt knew what he was doing when he said he would find us a subsitute, Miss Holiday may be known for her Spanish and World History teachings, but she could sure belt out a tune! Everyone else seemed to agree, well, besides Rachel who was sitting down with her arms crossed. I rolled my eyes then turned to Finn who looked like he was having the time of his life and smiled. How could these two be...together?