Chapter Eighteen- Part 1

IT'S HEREEE! It's time for PART ONE of the finale of 'Who Will I Be?"!!! Once again, thank you guys so much for your patience! School has been crazy and I've been sick for the past week..but this is finally done!! Enjoy!!

A/N: Did I spell eighteen wrong? xD

New York

--------------------------------------------------------------Chapter Eighteen------------------------------------------------

There's just something special about eating a hot dog in Times Square. Maybe it's hearing the city around you as you take the first bite, knowing that you are actually in the city of your dreams. Or maybe it's the fact that your best friends are here, sharing the same experience as yourself. Either way, I was still pinching myself about being in the Big Apple. Honestly, it was a relief to be out of Lima, I need to be out of that forsaken town for a week...things have gotten tense. Joe won't even look me in the eye. 

Nick's back home, but he wasn't able to come to NYC. The Doctors thought it would be best for him to be home, get used to taking his insulin. I called him the second I got off the plane today, he told me to call him every night and the morning after the competition. I couldn't help but smile, I had my brother back and he was here to stay. I felt someone plop down next to Kurt and I. I turned to see Finn sitting Indian style-a hot dog in hand as he took a bite.

"GOD. These are amazing." He said, mouth full.

I giggled as I wiped some mustard from his top lip, dabbing it on his nose. I laughed even harder when he pretended to be distressed with his little yellow spot, pretending to get it with his tongue. I caught a glimpse from Quinn out of the corner of my eyes, she was giving me a death look..again. The two broke up a week ago, apparently Finn said that he didn't feel the connection anymore...the rest of the club and I didn't get the whole story. Mr. Schue walked over to us.

"Welcome to New York!" He laughed.

We all cheered and clapped. This is what we have been working for since day one in glee...we finally made it to Nationals. 

"Well, we had some time to experience Times Square. But, now it's time to head back to our rooms...we have two songs to write!"

Everyone groaned as Kurt nudge me. He knew about the song I had written and he so wanted me to show everyone. It would be a great song for Nationals..but I'd rather wait to see if someone else comes up with something better. We all got off of the bleachers we were on and began the walk back to our hotel. 

XXX

"Uh..that was intresting..."

Santana said as we all stared at Artie and Brittany. Did they really perform a song about a 'Cup'? I sighed as the club launched into an argument about what to write about. Why did Mr. Schue have to leave? He should be helping us..whenever he wasn't here, we would end up just fighting each other. Kurt and I watched as they continued to argue about what to write about, love? Friendship? Kurt glanced over at me, he wanted me to tell them about my song. I shook my head, telling him not to try anything. 

"Lizzie has a song!" He yelled over the fighting.

Thanks, Kurt. Thanks.

Everyone looked at me, Finn gave a half smile. He seemed excited to hear my song. I sighed, looking at everyone's curious faces. 

"You made us endure..THAT...when you actually have a song done?" Lauren said, looking over at Brittany and Artie.

I bit my lip, "I do have a song. It's a duet, actually and-"Can we hear it?" Rachel asked, interrupting me.