Chapter Four

Hey!!! Nothing much to say but...ENJOY!!! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------Chapter Four-------------------------------------------------------

Lizzie P.O.V.

I kept the hood of my red WMHS hoodie up as I walked through the corridors of McKinley High the next morning. No way was I going to get slushied this morning! I smiled to myself as I went over to my locker and put in the combination, I could hear students snickering and joking about my hooded face. Pssh, they're just mad that they're not getting any 'entertainment' this morning. I just took out my folder of songs that I found online from my messenger bag when Joe and his posse' came by. Great.  

Joe strutted in front with Karosfky on his left and Nick on his right. Other football players followed behind the trio but broke off from the group as they walked to their other friends and girlfriends. Maybe, if I keep quiet, Joe won't notice me and just carry on with his day. I looked over at him only to see him whispering to Karosfky, who smirked. I ignored them as they came closer...it worked until Joe knocked my folder out of my hands and onto the ground.  

"Thought that hood would protect you, huh?" Joe snickered as he took the hood off me.  

I ignored him as I started to pick up the sheet music that was now all over the floor near my locker. Joe, Nick, and Karosfky walked off whispering things such as 'She's so stupid'. The usual. Sighing, I continued to pick up the music when suddenly someone bent down in front of me. I look towards the person to see Finn, he gave me a sympathetic smile.    

"You okay?" He asked, holding some music in his hands.  

 I nodded, "Yeah, I'm used to it." I gave him a little smile.  

"No offense, but your brothers are serious jerks." He growled through his teeth, looking in the direction of the boys.  

I giggled, "No offense taken, trust me, I know."  

"Why do they-"Hate me?" I asked, interrupting him.  

Finn nodded and I sighed. He didn't want to hear my sob story, he's FINN HUDSON. He has bigger problems to worry about than his duet partner's. I collected the last of the music and we both stood up.  

"It's a long story." I said, brushing off my jeans with my one hand.  

Finn handed me his share of the music, "I have some time."  

I looked up from my folder to see a smiling Finn. Wow, he really does care. I put the folder in my locker as he continued to talk.  

"Wanna meet at the Lima Bean after school? We can look over the music and you can tell me your 'Long Story'." He said in a persuasive tone.  

That offer made me almost drop my Chemistry book. Finn wants to get coffee...with ME? I had to play it cool. I put a strain of hair behind my ear and was about to accept when I remembered one key factor...Joe. He would go NUTS if he found out I was going to be spending time with Finn. He'll most likely kill me then dance on top of my grave...well, more like jump since he can't dance. BURN-right, wrong place to do that.  

"Finn, I would love to but..Joe-"Doesn't like me very much, he makes that very clear." Finn finished, with a knowing smile on his face.  

My eyes widened, "Wow, you're good."  

He chuckled, "It's a talent. Hmm, how about you tell Joe you're going to hang out with Quinn but instead I'll take you?" He smiled.  

Hmm. Joe loves Quinn, the two actually had a short fling during Quinn's freshman year before she met Finn. Actually, she's the only one in the Glee Club that he likes...sure, he still slushies her but he doesn't say anything when I tell him that I'm going shopping with her. It just might work! I smiled and nodded at Finn, whose smile grew wider.