Chapter Thirteen

Comeback

-------------------------------------------------- Chapter Thirteen------------------------------------------------------------

"Shh. Let her speak." Sue said from her spot.

Yep, that's right, Sue's in the glee club. Even though it is only her first day, it feels like she's been in here forever....and not in a good way. For the first thirty minutes, all she did was criticize the club. Needless to say, it was going to be an awkward week, but not only because of Sue.

Knowing that Nick egged Tina and Mike completely removed my growing trust for him. How could he do that after we let him in with open arms? He even knew I was at Breadstix, was he going to egg me as well? I looked down at him as he held hands with Rachel, who was completely unaware of the whole Nick 'egging' thing. We all agreed not to tell her, at least not yet. It was nice seeing Rachel happy for once, I nor did the rest of the club want to take that away from her. 

As for Nick, he had no idea that I knew of what he had done. I didn't show how mad I was, I just kept it hidden. When we talked, I would just smile and nod....not really caring about what he was saying.

I broke out of my trance when Sam began to sing 'Baby' by Justin Beiber to Quinn. I rolled my eyes as all the girls began to swoon, what was so great about the 'Beibs' anyway? He looks like a kid I used to babysit. I looked over at Finn, who sat next to me, behind Quinn, and noticed that he looked just as annoyed. His annoyance looked more like jealously as he looked at the blonde swooning, his eyes softening as he looked at her. I sighed, wondering if he ever saw me in that light. 

"Anthems." Mr. Schue wrote that word on the board as Sam took a seat next to Quinn. "Not only is that our assignment for this week, but it is the Regionals theme for this year." 

Whispers broke out as we talked about Aural Intensity and The Warblers. Aural Intensity, even from it's horrid name, was surprising good and the Warblers were amazing. They had Kurt. Mr. Schue brought the attention back to the front.

"So, I want everyone to pick the perfect Anthem then sing it right here."  We all smiled at each other excitedly.

I knew what song I wanted to do, but I didn't know if I could. I couldn't imagine singing 'Breakaway' in front of Nick, Finn....or even Sue. I sighed and settled into my seat, smiling as Mercedes told me her song selections.

XXX

"PLEASE SING IT. PLEASE." Kurt practically yelled in the Lima Bean.

Blaine laughed as I just playfully rolled my eyes. As I took a sip of my coffee, the newest Beiber song came on the radio. I put down my cup and ran my hands through my hair.

"I can't get away from this kid."

 Blaine took a bite of his cookie, "Beibs got you down?"

"You have no idea. Every boy in the club formed this tribute band called the 'Justin Beiber Experience'. It makes me want to claw my eyes out."

Blaine couldn't help but smile at my statement. I like Blaine, he was a good guy and a even greater guy for Kurt. Plus, he finds me funny, which is always a need for my friend's boyfriends. Kurt's brows went together in confusion.

"Wait, even Finn?" 

I shook my head, "No, well, at least not yet."

I looked between their confused stares, "He's been wanting to get back with Quinn, who's into that whole Beiber stuff."

Jeez, it even hurt to say their names together. Kurt saw my pain and reached over to hold my hand, in a friendly way, of course. He gave me a sympathetic smile.