Chapter Nine

School has been so hectic this week! Homecoming, projects, funnnn. xD

But thank you all for the 51 FANS!!!! It means alot!!

Special Education

-------------------------------------------------------------Chapter Nine-------------------------------------------------------

"Kurt! Kurt!"   I ran after Kurt into the hallway.

How could he announce that he was leaving McKinley then just leave?! He turned around to face me, tears filling up in his eyes. I stopped in front of him.  

"What do you mean you're leaving?" I asked, feeling like I was about to cry myself.  

Kurt took a deep breathe, "I-I can't take the constant fear of coming here."  

I put my hair behind my ears, "The guys could protect you...WE could protect you." I motioned back to the choir room.  

"I'm sorry, Lizzie. I just can't."   Kurt started to cry and I just hugged him.

That's all that I felt like I COULD do. I knew that it wouldn't stop the pain, but I wanted to feel as if I could help. I wanted to yell at Joe and Karofsky for what he had done to my best friend. For chasing him away...for taking him away from his friends. We said our goodbyes as Kurt made his way to the double doors, Burt and Carole were waiting for him so they could register at Dalton. At least he would be with Blaine, he'll look after Kurt for us. 

 I walked down the hall back to the choir room to see Finn waiting outside the door for me. I couldn't help it anymore, I didn't care if Rachel or anyone else in the club saw us, I ran into his arms and just cried. He rubbed my back softly as my tears went into his white shirt.  

 "It's all my fault." I muttured.  

Finn shook his head, "No, it's all Karofsky. You didn't do a damn thing."  

I wish I could agree, but it was my fault. If I didn't cry like a little baby then Kurt wouldn't have felt the need to protect me.  

XXX  

 "I don't get it, why did Kurt leave?"  

Mom brought mashed potatoes over to the kitchen table. Joe gave me a look, the look he always gave me when our parents asked me something about my friends. I picked up my fork and played with my peas, thinking of a good answer to give her.

  "He always wanted to go to Dalton. They, um, have a better Arts program there." I lied.  

I glanced over at Nick who looked down. Did he feel bad? Why would he, to be honest, he was never the one doing the bullying to Kurt. I looked over at Joe who seemed to be pleased by my answer. I sighed and drank from my water.  

"That Finn Hudson kid seemed to like you.." Dad said, smiling a bit.  

I choked on my water, "Huh?"  

 Mom laughed, "You two did seem close during the wedding."   I shook my head. Nick looked equally afraid, staring at Joe who seemed to be intrigued by what our parents were noticing.  

"Well, we were duet partners..." I noted, playing with my food again.  

 Mom laughed, "Alright, whatever you say hon. He just looked at you like...like you were the most important girl there."  

"Lizzie would never date Finn. Right, Lizzie?" Joe asked, giving me a dead eyed look.  

I looked over at Joe. This was going to be his indication to see if I was intrested in Finn. Well, I wasn't going to give him satisfacation. Especailly since he chased Kurt away.