Chapter Six

Sorry for the wait, everyone! School is just...school. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------Chapter Six----------------------------------------------------

I knew something was wrong the minute Kurt walked into Glee. Tina rushed in first, finding a seat next to Mike, then Kurt came in. The boy seemed depressed, he has been like this since his little run in with Joe and Karofsky last week when he defeneded me. It wasn't surprising that the boys were now all over him with gay jokes and physical violence but they seemed to escalte it even more. He sat down next to me, a cold look on his face. I put my hand on top of his and he looked over at me, forcing a smile.  

"You okay?" Mr. Shue asked him, bending down to his level.  

He nodded, "I'm fine." He answered in a quiet voice.  

 With an unsure look on his face, Mr. Shue backed up and went back to the front of the class to discuss Sectionals. I turned around to Mercedes who gave me a worried look. We both noticed that Kurt has been becoming depressed, and it worried us more than any competion could. I noticed that Rachel also looked a bit concerned for Kurt as well. Huh. Usaully, the only person Rachel is concerned about is Rachel. Quickly, she turned back to Mr. Shue as he told us about the Hipsters and Warblers. Santana said something about gay jokes, making Kurt and I shoot her an annoyed glance.  

"Well, to get you guys pysched up about Sectionals, I thought we would have another Boys Vs. Girls competition!"  

 Everyone broke out into excited whispers, except for Kurt. He never liked the Boys Vs. Girls contest, sure, the boys were nice to them but they never listened to his ideas. I squeezed his hand again as the girls and boys broke seperated.

 As always, Kurt tried to sneak in with the girls...but he didn't get very far. As Rachel started talking about storyboards for choreography I glanced over at Kurt.   I had to talk to him later, I felt like I was losing him.  

XXX  

"Kurt!"   I ran to catch up with him.

After glee, he stormed out of the room, which wasn't like him at all. He usually waited for me or Mercedes to get our stuff together. I fell into step with him as he flashed me a kind smile.  

"Everything okay?" I asked, fixing my bag.  

Kurt shrugged, "I guess. I think I may have made Joe angry.."  

 Before I could say anything else, Karofsky and Joe walked by and shoved Kurt into the row of lockers. I stiffled a scream, what the hell?  

"What's you problem?!" Kurt yelled at Karofsky's back.  

The two turned around, "You talking back to us, Hummel?" Karofsky responded, as him and Joe walked back towards us.

"Do you want a piece of The Fury?" Joe asked, holding up his fist.  

I stepped back, though I doubted a fight would break out it was still good to be at a safe distance.  

"The Fury?" Kurt asked, standing in front of me in a form of protection.  

 "That's what I named my fist." Joe smirked, obviously pleased with himself.  

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes.

Kurt snorted.   "With that level of creativity, you could easily become assistant manager at the rendering plant." 

 I couldn't help but let a little giggle slip out as Kurt finished his threat.   Karofsky and Joe gave each other confused looks.