Chapter Eleven

The Sue Sylvester Shuffle

---------------------------------------------------Chapter Eleven--------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed as I walked into the choir room and took a seat in the front row. It was only the second week back from break, and I was already ready for spring break to take me away from this place. Since Finn and I broke up, it has just been so awkward. We decided to have a budding friendship instead, it's nice...but I feel like we still don't see each other as much. Plus, since we stopped seeing each other, I found myself missing Kurt even more. He always knew how to cheer me up. Speak of the devil, Finn walked into the choir room and took a seat next to me.

"Hey." He smiled.  

I smiled back, "Hey, good game Friday."  

Finn scoffed, "We lost. Thanks to Karofsky's threat."

I nodded, agreeing with my hatred for the football player. He threatened Finn that he would let Carmel's HUGE linebacker tackle him. Of course , that threw Finn off guard, making him lose focus and stumble.

 I nudged him. "Just kick butt in the Championship this Friday!" 

 Before Finn could respond, the sound of ice on wheels made us turn to the doorway. Artie rolled in with leftover cherry slushie stains on his sweatshirt and even his chair. Brittany ran to his aid as she rolled him to his normal spot next to her. I looked over at Finn, anger taking over his soft features. 

"THAT'S IT. Screw rehearsal, this ends HERE." 

All the football players stood up and headed to the door. I shot a look at Rachel, both of us worried about our glee mates' fates. Our worried expressions turned into confusion as the rest of the football team filed into the room, including Nick. Today was his day to practice, so he was already on the field with the guys. His eyes widened at the sight of Artie.

"Well, this is what the Ladies Lounge looks like." Joe smirked, looking around the room.   

Sam shook his head, "This is the choir room. Now, put your hands up because we're about to do some dancing."   

1"Nah, I got this Sam." Finn said, putting a hand in front of the blonde boy.   

 Karofsky looked around, "Where's Coach? She said to have us meet in here."

As if on cue, Coach Beiste and Mr. Schue walked into the room, telling everyone to take their seats. The football players sat on the far right side as the glee club stayed on the left, afraid to get close. Nick sat in the middle, earning a confused look from Joe. Finn put his arm around my chair, I couldn't help but smile, even though the team was in here. 

"Alright New Directions, lets give a warm welcome to the newest members of the club." 

Everyone started to shout their disapproval. What was he thinking? Having the guys who chased our fellow member away...in OUR club? Finn stood up, his teeth clenched with anger.

"Mr. Schue, are you serious?! These guys are why Kurt transferred!"   

Mr. Schue and Coach Beiste then explained how they were sick of the team members not getting along with the glee members, and vice versa. I glanced over at Joe who rolled his eyes at every word the two teachers said. Did they really think we would be able to get along? Finn sat back down as I put my own arm over his chair, he looked down at me as I shot him a sympathetic smile. 

"Well, I was thinking we could start by actually showing the team what it is we do in here." The football team groaned as Mr. Schue continued,  "I heard that Rachel and Nick were working on something.."