Chapter 44: Working Together Isn't Easy

"Raphael, good to see you, brother," Slash says as he fist bumps the red-masked turtle, "and the rest of you." His beady eyes fall on Destiny. "I don't think we've met."

She crosses her arms. "No, can't say we have," she says with little fluctuation in her tone.

"This is Destiny," Raphael introduces. "She's...new to our team."

Slash arches an eye-ridge at that. "You're expanding. Well, so am I. Turtles, meet my team, dedicated to fighting the Kraang," he continues. "The Mighty Mutanimals! You already know my second in command."

He gestures to the side as Leatherhead appears, his immense form towering above each of the other team members.

"Leatherhead!" Michelangelo squeals. He embraces the giant alligator in the biggest hug he can manage.

The elderly gator chuckles softly as he returns the hug with one large arm. "It's good to see you too, Michelangelo," he rumbles in his raspy voice. "All of you."

Michelangelo perks up and dashes over to Destiny, grabbing her hand and dragging her towards his friend. "Oh! Oh oh oh! You've gotta see this," he says happily. "LH, this is Destiny. She's a wolf!"

Destiny smiles lightly. "Mikey told me about you."

"Show him! Show him the wolf thing!" Michelangelo pleads, giving her puppy eyes.

She sighs heavily and morphs into her wolf form, growing to about Leatherhead's height easily. The alligator nods while the other Mutanimals observe with slightly widened eyes.

"Nice to finally meet you, Destiny," Leatherhead says.

She returns to her preferred state and crosses her arms over her chest, hair falling over her face as she inches back to the other turtles. Donatello stares at Rockwell as the chimp picks at his fur diligently.

"And what, dear boy, are you staring at?" he asks.

"Doctor Rockwell?" is all Donatello manages to ask.

"Indeed!" the once-doctor exclaims, his eyes nearly popping out of his head as he lurches closer to the intelligent terrapin. "The Kraang experimented on my mind, giving me psychic powers and accidentally returning my vast intellect in the process!"

He floats upside-down around Donatello's head before blowing a raspberry and sailing away. Donatello narrows his eyes and huffs.

"So...Doctor Rockwell, another ally from another day?" Destiny clarifies as she looks to Leonardo.

He nods, still looking less than pleased. "Yeah. Long story."

"Rockwell's the brains of the team," Slash explains. He turns towards a nearby building, where Pigeon Pete's less than majestic form stands in front of the moon. "And this...is the final member of the Mutanimals."

"Pigeon Pete? The world's most useless mutant?" Raphael questions.

"Hey!" Pete caws. He launches off the building and lands sloppily near the red-masked turtle. He gets back up, unfazed by the crash. "I've toughened up a lot since the last time you saw me! I was just a pigeon-boy, now I'm a pigeon-man. I'm the team spy!"