Chapter 56: Shot to the Heart

"Enough," Shredder orders, stopping Raphael's sai from going any further.

The turtle remains frozen, weapon hovering above Shredder's body. He's been pinned.

Destiny stops and sheathes her uchigatana, crossing her arms and awaiting orders. Behind them, one of the metal gates bursts open as Leatherhead appears with a loud roar. The other three turtles, Diaval, and Pigeon Pete enter right after, Pete letting out an attempt at a threatening caw.

"It's Raph and Des!" Michelangelo shouts.

Leonardo's eyes widen at the sight of his family members, his brother's weapon hovering so close, ready to destroy their foe.

"Raph, do it. End this!" he calls. When he does nothing, he looks at Destiny. "Des! Do something!"

"What are they waiting for?" Donatello asks.

Diaval's skin prickles. "Too late..." he whispers. "He got 'em."

Shredder lets out a maniacal laugh as he gets back up. Raphael and Destiny turn to face the group, faces emotionless and eyes pure orbs of white.

"Raphael is mine now to control," Shredder says. The doors all around them slam shut, trapping them inside. "As are your other mutant friends."

"No escape for you, reptiles," Destiny says, her voice unnaturally calm.

Raphael moves forwards, reaching into two slots in a nearby totem pole. When he pulls them back out, he's armed with a pair of tekkō-kagi.

"Raph?" Michelangelo whimpers.

"Now, let us welcome you properly," Shredder says. He looks to Destiny, his stare cold as ever. "Wolf form, now."

Instantly, her body grows furry as she becomes a hulking black wolf, but her eyes stay white. She snarls, her claws raking at the floor in anticipation. Slash and Doctor Rockwell appear from behind nearby poles, snarling.

Leonardo acts first, rushing at Shredder with his katanas flashing. Raphael pushes himself forward and blocks his brother's attack against Shredder with ease.

"Raph, snap out of it, man!" the blue-masked turtle shouts as he leaps away. "Shredder's the enemy."

"You are the enemy," Raphael says, blades flashing as he attacks again.

Shredder kneels in a small, circular ring, watching the battle start up. "Let us see what my new servants can do," he says.

Fire starts all around the ring as Shredder's platform lowers downwards, just enough that his shoulders and head are showing. He produces a remote from his belt and readies it, glancing to Destiny fleetingly.

"Go," he orders.

Slash and Rockwell move without hesitation, the turtle going towards Leatherhead and the chimp attacking Donnie.

"You take Slash," Pigeon Pete tells Leatherhead. He starts flapping his wings rapidly, sending dust flying. "I'll take fly boy."

He soars into the air as Slash's mace hits Leatherhead in the jaw. The gator bellows and retaliates, although he's horrified that he has to.

"I am your friend, Slash," he rumbles.

"Not anymore!" Slash shouts.

Pigeon Pete flies around unsteadily as Stockman follows after him.

"Get off of me, bug boy," Pete shouts.

"You look deliciouzz," Stockman buzzes.

He spits acid at the elusive bird man, missing each time. The two flying mutants circle each other in the air before letting out a battle cry and racing forwards. They meet in the middle, slapping at each other with their hands as they try to avoid being hit.