Chapter 62: Discount Time Lady

The turtles, Destiny, and Diaval lounge on a rooftop, the gentle wind stirring their mask tails or hair. Destiny sits on top of the maintenance shed and gazes up at the moon, the stars reflecting in the green pools of her eyes, and Diaval plays with one of his arrows next to her. Leonardo perches at the edge of the rooftop and stares out at the skyline.

"Give it up, Leo. There's nothing we can do," Raphael says, noticing the distant look in his brother's eyes. "It's been weeks since we last saw her, when she poisoned us!"

"Yeah, Leo. If we can't find a cure, we might have to let Karai go," Donatello adds, his voice soft and tentative. Diaval's head snaps up, his lips part, but then he slumps back into silence.

"It's not that easy, Donnie. You should know," Leonardo snaps without looking back at his family.

Michelangelo perks up, wiggling his non-existent eyebrows at Donatello. "Cause you're still hung up on April," he coos. Donatello narrows his eyes and a low growl sounds in his throat. "Just a guess."

Leonardo sighs and shakes his head, his head drooping towards the ground although he's not looking at anything in particular. "Sometimes you don't have a choice. You think about someone...a lot," he murmurs.

Destiny looks away from her favourite celestial body with a raised eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

"Is wittle Weo still cwushin' on Kawai?" Michelangelo teases, making kissing noises with his lips and fluttering his eyelids.

That gets Leonardo to turn around, his lips pulled into a sneer. "No, I'm not. Not anymore," he snaps.

"Kinda crossing a line, Mikey," Diaval mutters, nearly dropping his arrow. He gasps and recovers the weapon. "Y'know..."

Destiny crosses her arms tightly over her chest and swivels her body away. "Whatever, not like it matters anyway," she mutters.

Diaval glances at her, then at Leonardo. Leonardo is staring at her with pursed lips and a stoic expression, but when Diaval searches their desires, they're similar and easy to be fulfilled yet again. Leonardo cringes and rubs the back of his neck, then glares at Diaval.

"Hey, stay out of my head," he demands.

Diaval shrugs. "Sorry."

Silence blankets them. Raphael looks between his silent family members, fidgets, then groans as he gets to his feet. The mood needs to change, fast, and he's feeling it.

"Hey Des!" he calls. She glances at him and as soon as she's looking, he flashes a wide grin. "You should've seen Leo when you left! It was like this but times ten. There were tears and moping and gazing off into the distance broodingly—"

"Oh-kay, Raph, that's enough," Leonardo orders as his cheeks turn pink and he ducks his head away.

Destiny, however, doesn't laugh. Her ears flatten against her hair and she tucks her legs to her chest, burying her lips against her knees. Diaval gazes at her for a second before he switches to the somewhat expectant Raphael.

"She wants you to stop," he states. Raphael narrows his eyes and frowns deeply.

More silence. This time, Donatello steps up to plate when it gets too stifling.

"So...uh, Diaval, do you have your eye on anyone?" he asks.

Leonardo and Raphael's eye-ridges arch in perfect synchronization. Diaval blinks a few times as his pale skin gains a hint of blush and the arrow stills in his hands. Destiny's ears swivel towards him even though the rest of her body doesn't budge.

"Uh..." Diaval mumbles. "There's...someone in Canada. Name's Melanie. She's pretty."

"Dude, what?" Michelangelo gasps. He lurches to his feet. "Tell us more! What's she look like? How old is she?"