Chapter 55: Wake Up, You Jerk!

The ShellRaiser careens out into the New York streets, following the Party Wagon in hot pursuit.

"Donnie, slow 'em down," Leonardo orders.

"Taking out the trash," Donatello calls.

He pulls a lever, firing garbage balls at the elusive van. Doctor Rockwell swerves the Party Wagon out of the way. Every shot misses.

"Deploying battering ram!" Leonardo shouts.

The ShellRaiser gets closer as the battering ram deploys at the front. It smashes into the back of the Party Wagon repeatedly.

Rockwell growls and shifts gears as he readies his own weapon. "That's close enough, turtles. He punches a button, sending black sludge onto the street behind the van.

"Oil slick! Oil slick!" Donatello screams as the ShellRaiser careens out of control.

The Party Wagon zooms away. The ShellRaiser whips around a corner before tipping over and screeching to a halt. As silence falls, Michelangelo struggles beneath Leatherhead and Pigeon Pete's combined weight. Diaval helps him out, lifting the turtle to his feet. The orange-masked turtle's arms tremble as he looks over at his brothers, tears in his eyes.

"They got away with Raph...with Des. We promised we wouldn't let Shredder get her again, dudes," he says, morose. Diaval lowers his head, his lips pursing.

Donatello shoves open the doors, allowing him and Leonardo to pop out onto the vehicle's side. "At least we know where they're going," the purple-masked turtle says.

Leonardo keeps his sharp sapphire glare on a spot in the distance as his fists clench. "Looks like we're gonna do what Raph wanted after all; take the fight to Shredder," he says, his voice deep and dangerous.

----------

Raphael lets out a groan as he opens his eyes, a bright light shining down on him.

"Where am I?" he mumbles, blinking a few times.

He cranes his neck to the left, just able to see Slash and Rockwell standing at attention. When he looks right, he finds Destiny lying on a table right beside him, cuffed tightly with frightened tears welling in her eyes. Seeing her makes him feel a little more hopeful. She's awake, which means...

"Des, use your wolf! Bust out!" he urges, a whispered yell in his voice. 

She trembles and shakes her head. "T-They numbed me...I can't. I'm too w-weak..."

"Destiny, don't panic. We're getting out of here. You're going to be fine." He thrashes against the bindings once. "We promised you. I'm holding to—" He yells as he tugs again. "I'm holding to that promise."

"R-Raph..." she whimpers, so soft he can barely hear it. "I...I'm s-scared..."

She lowers her head, tears running down her face. He grunts and keeps pulling against his bindings, trying to free himself. There's a whirring sound and the tables tilt upwards so that they're at an angle instead of lying flat. Raphael can now see Baxter Stockman standing before them while Emery and Tiger Claw spectate nearby.

Raphael's heart starts to pound faster and he again looks to his brainwashed friends. "Slash, Rockwell, snap out of it!" he pleads.