Chapter 64: Saving the Future

In a split second, everyone reappears back where they started. Savanti is back, sending a bright light from the staff, the wind whipping at them. Diaval forces his skirt down against the gusts.

"You shall be forever stuck in the confines of time!" he proclaims.

"Get him!" Leonardo orders after a moment of confusion.

Only the turtles run forward this time, but Savanti fades away. Destiny doesn't go, reeling from what she feels is major déjà vu. They disappear again, popping up in the same spot with Savanti holding the sceptre.

"You shall be forever stuck in the confines of time!"

"What the heck is going on?" Raphael demands.

"Yeah, didn't this just happen?" Leonardo adds.

"Savanti must have stuck us in some kind of time loop," Donatello guesses.

"So...how do we get out?" Destiny asks.

They disappear yet again as the loop restarts.

"You shall be forever stuck in the confines of time!"

"Dudes, I'm starting to think we'll be forever stuck in the confines of time!" Michelangelo cries as he runs his hands down his freckled cheeks.

"Head...hurts..." Diaval moans as he keeps fighting with his skirts.

"Well, Headdress, you got us into this," Raphael says. Renet smirks and readies her energy knuckles as the loop restarts.

"You shall be forever stuck in the con—" Savanti's echo states.

Renet leaps up and nails him in the face, breaking the repetitive nature of the loop. An orangish-yellow orb surrounds them, then shatters as the duplicate Savanti disappears. As the broken pieces of the time loop vanish around them, Donatello gapes at Renet.

"You punched out a time loop?" he whispers, shocked. "That. Is. Awesome!" He lifts Renet into a tight side hug, grinning.

She smiles. "Come on, we have to find Savanti," she says as he sets her down.

As soon as she turns around, Michelangelo narrows his eyes and points to them, then at Donatello. He growls a little.

Renet dashes over to where the knights abandoned their four horses and climbs onto one. Leonardo follows her lead and takes another, Donatello taking the third. Raphael lingers by the fourth, but doesn't get on.

"Aw, man. Turtles on horses? This is just so weird," he groans. The horse whinnies in his face, making him yelp and fall over.

"Oh no, looks like there aren't enough horses for everyone," Leonardo says. His voice is slightly choppy, like he's faking his shock. "Looks like we'll have to double up. Anyone taking Destiny? No? Nobody. Cool." He smirks and looks to the wolf girl. "Come on, Warrior Princess."

Destiny wanders over to him, a coy smile on her face. "You know you're a dork, right?" she asks.

He arches an eyebrow. "I am not."

"You're wearing a blanket with a rubber ducky on it for a cape," she says. He snorts and she giggles. "But...I'm a sucker for a knight in shining armour."

He extends his hand to her. "My lady."

"Would you two stop flirting and get on the horse already?" Raphael snaps.

"Shut up, Raph," Leonardo retorts. Destiny grasps his hand and he hoists her onto the horse so that she's settled behind him, her arms instantly snaking around his waist so that she can hold on.