Chapter 45: Missile Problems

Near the site of the Kraang missile launch, the Mutanimals and Destiny wait patiently for the time to attack. Slash keeps glancing at the wolf girl as she listens to Kraang Subprime shout at his soldiers.

"Let me get this straight, Destiny," Slash starts. "Leonardo may be your usual leader, but right now, you listen to me."

She doesn't even move an eyelash. "I assumed that was a given."

The black-masked turtle widens his eyes a little. "Oh...alright then," he says.

"Problem?" she asks, arching an eyebrow as she looks his way.

"I thought you'd be more...rebellious."

She purses her lips. "You'd be right on any other day," she admits. She glances at her claws, pushing at her cuticles. "I'm already on thin ice with Sensei, though, so I'm gonna have to be obedient for now."

"Ah, so you're a rule breaker," Rockwell muses.

"Only because the rules don't agree with me," she retorts. Before anyone can comment, she nods. "Now would be a good time to attack, by the way."

The Mutanimals burst out of the alley and start smashing into numerous Kraang. Destiny sighs, looking down at her hands as she imagines them morphing into giant black paws. Her stomach twists as she shuts her eyes and morphs, letting out a battle howl.

"Come on, fellas! Keep moving!" Slash orders as they get into the heat of the battle.

Kraang Subprime blinks once as he waits for the Kraang scattered all around him to attack. When they don't move, he groans and starts waving the robotic arms of his Irma suit around.

"I am surrounded by incompetence!" he cries. "Go! Move it! Hustle! Get them!" he orders.

The Kraang obey and start firing off their guns. The five mutants attack viciously, breaking the aliens apart and smashing the broken pieces into bits. Destiny takes on numerous aliens at once, her paws smacking them with the force of giant baseball bats and her teeth crushing them like M&Ms between fingertips.

Rockwell leaps onto a fire escape and puts his feet to his forehead as his eyes glow blue. "Feel the power of my mind!" he shouts. Kraang go flying like frisbees.

Destiny focuses her ears to the sky as she sees a large blimp flying straight towards the missile. She halts to stare at it for just long enough to observe the handmade, repurposed signature that Donatello inputs into all his inventions. Convinced that the blimp is the turtle's doing, she keeps fighting, taking down Biotroids and Kraang whenever they dare cross her path.

Kraang Subprime moves towards the launch panel, but Slash notices his advance and goes after him. "Oh, no you don't!" Slash shouts, smacking the Kraang with his mace and sending him flying.

Subprime rights himself and rounds on Slash with a cackle, spinning blades emerging from his robotic hands. They tussle, twisting and turning away as some blows land and others are blocked. Subprime grabs Slash as he goes for another attack, lifting him into the air, and the Irma head on top of the entire battle suit shoots lasers at the spiked turtle. Slash strains, frees one of his arms, and smacks the Irma head right off with a swift, brutish movement.

"Aah! My head! You jerk!" Subprime bellows, punching Slash in the face and sending him crashing into the ground. "Ha! Nobody messes with Kraang Subprime!" The Kraang turns and moves towards the launchpad. "Now, to launch this sucker."