Chapter Four

Yay! Another chapter is out! I hope you enjoy this. Next chapter will come out either on September 5 or 6.

Falling to Rise
Chapter 4

"Sometimes you gotta quit thinking so much if it feels right, it probably is so just go with it."

"That was the general, right?" Ty whispered furtively to Seto after he was finally free to rejoin his group. Of course his group failed, and unfortunately the other two members were absolutely furious. Everything they did was being watched and scored under a personal record, and they weren't happy about the poor score.

It was hard for Seto to focus on what Ty was saying, while furiously apologizing for his inability to be of any use.

"Was it? What did he tell you?" Ty said, his peering over to him with curious eyes.

"Well... Uh, he said to tell you that we were both invited to his tent after recruit curfew..." Seto felt uneasy and even guilty, though he wasn't sure why.

"Oh, now you're getting special treatment rich boy, along with your Vragan pet." One of Seto's teammates hissed at him in disgust, he flinched when the fowl words struck a chord in him. Sure he was rich but he didn't at all like people using as if they thought he thought he was better than them.

Ty stepped forward and towered over the other boy who stared right back into Ty's eyes. "Out of the way Vragan trash, go home back to your sissy magic users." The four of them were actually heading back to their tent since all the teams for the assignment were actually made up of the people in their tent. Seto watched as Ty raised a fist and watched as he lowered it and slowed his pace to match Seto's.

The one with the snide comments was laughing to himself as his friend whacked him over the head. He realized Ty was talking to him and focused his attention to Ty.

"S-sorry, could you repeat that, I wasn't paying attention."

"Sure, I was just wondering what you wanted to do." Ty repeated his statement.

"What I want to do?" Seto repeated confused at what he was being asked.

"Yes, whether we should take the general up on his invitation, or politely decline. Honestly it sounds a little sketchy, but on the other hand it would be rude to decline no matter how polite we are."

Seto nodded in agreement and thought for a few moments, "I think we should go, I think Adam is a very nice guy, so I think he genuinely wants to apologize." It's true, Adam was very nice to him, and saved his life. If he wanted to teach Seto a lesson, he would never have let Seto continue carrying his cloak or Ty his headphones.

"Yeah, I guess so, I guess we'll just have to find out tonight.

~~~~~

It was midnight. The moon had risen well over the tents and the quiet breathing of more than 600 recruits soundlessly swept through the night.

Recruit curfew had passed more than an hour ago, but both Ty and Seto were still in their tent. They decided after more discussion to wait before they went. It's not like they were given a time limit to arrive.

"Seto," Ty whispered to him as Seto lay in quiet anticipation, "Come on, I think it is safe to go."

Seto rolled over onto his stomach and felt the ground for his shoes, "Alright, just let me get my shoes on."

They walked in silence, not because it was awkward between them, but the night was peaceful. It was only the start of their third day, but both men shared an equal eye for the night sky. They stayed silent as they walked amongst the stars.