Chapter Eleven

A chapter already! OMG! Well even more good news! This whole week is a Falling to Rise Week! So look out for LOTS of chapters, we'll probably even finish PART 1 and maybe even start PART 2 if I can plan it fast enough.

Look out for a special Christmas special too! It will be LOST themed, Ft. the ALTERS! :D The Alters have pretty much become my babies, so look forward to that! Oh, and, even if you don't celebrate Christmas, think of it as a random gift instead, I just want to thank you all so much for the support. I love you all.

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 11

"The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something..."

~~~~~

Seto saw ropes. Ropes dangling from the top of a cream colored ceiling, they appeared to be cut and broken. He was standing atop a platform next to the ropes, raised several blocks from the floor and no stairs leading up to it.

All around him was silence, "Hello?" his voice echoed out. He was met with no reply. Seto felt an object fall from the binds that held his pants. It hit the platform with a sharp clunk behind him.

Seto looked to the ground and saw Adam's amulet. He picked it up and wiped his hands over the surface, cleaning it of dust. The purple jewel in the center shone with pristine colors, why on earth did he have Adam's amulet on him?

His fingers skimmed across the jewel with mild interest, it truly was beautiful. It made him envy Adam, he wondered just how much things would be different if he had remained a prince. He would have an amulet like this, in fact it would be this color, considering Keuta was represented by this color.

He knew Adam had an amulet that belonged to one of his family members, and wore it as a sign of unity between Emedo and Keuta.

His finger nicked the sharp, uneven edge of the jewel, he instinctively drew his finger back as the wound began to dribble small drops of blood. He sucked on the wound and squinted his eyes at the amulet and noticed the jewel was chipped.

No, not chipped, breaking! It was breaking in his hands, the jewel was falling to pieces! His eyes widened and he dropped the amulet without thinking. The fragments of the amethyst spilled out and Seto took too large of a step back. He felt his foot slip off the edge of the platform and he plummeted to the floor.

~~~~~

Seto woke from his sleep, a voice calling to him from the other side of the door, "Master Seto. Master Seto. Are you awake?"

Seto groaned quietly and pushed the blankets off of him. He'd changed into some nightwear the night before and it still felt odd to him that he didn't have the weighty feel of Adam's cloak.

He walked unsteadily to the door, his hands brushing through his curly hair. He tried to regain some composure before opening the door enough to see the maid behind it.

"Sorry to have waken you sir," she bowed humbly, "Breakfast is being served in the great hall. Our prince has expressed interest in meeting you." She bowed again, "I'll leave you to get ready now, sir."

The maid swiftly walked away from the door leaving Seto to fumble over his words in alarm, "Wh-what, n-now!" he closed the door a little louder than he wanted. He heard Jerome's interrupted snore as he jolted awake from the top of the canopy bed.

Jerome had said the night before that he found the tops of trees to be very relaxing, and the canopy hanging over the bed was a reminder of his home in the forest.