Chapter Eighteen

Had no time to edit. So sorry for anything that doesnt makes sense, or spelling errors.

IMPORTANT I know that in To the Sun it said sunrise but pretend it said sunset, it makes more sense for the story.

*cough* I actually planned To the Sun to be important in a future chapter *cough* this one.

Anyways, I got grounded, so this is all I can probs do for you guys this week. Sorry, I will try to do more during school since I will have a conputer and maybe phone, during then.

Until then, enjoy!

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 18

"It's hard to move on when memories are pulling you back."

Seto woke up, he squinted his eyes as he opened them, it was dark but light could be seen coming from the outside. Seto sat upright and held a hand over his head, it hurt to breathe. He brought his hand to his neck and tentatively touched it. He could feel the bruises.

Seto could tell he was in a cave, because of the stony surroundings and the cold air that seemed to continuously blow his way from deeper down the systems.

Seto shivered, not from the cold, but because of the memories. He could not get them out of his head. He wished he had the power to erase his own memory. He had magic, right? So why not, magic could do anything it seemed, but spare him this agony.

His mother.

His father.

It was all he could see. Their bodies as they hit the platform and crumpled like neglected dolls. The sickening snap as his father's lifeless form slid and fell off. He could almost hear his mother's voice. Just before he left for Emedo a few months back, Don't eat them all at once. He would do anything if he could hear her voice again, even if it was just that one phrase. That one little phrase boding him to eat his cookies in moderation, to save them for the future.

He would never again get to hear his father's calm and intellectual voice, or taste the rich sweets his mother would bake.

And what of Ty.

Would he really say such things to him, was it even real. Perhaps the dream, was only a dream. But even though he tried to reassure himself that, he knew that it was very real, as real as the pain in his arm.

Wait. His arm? Seto glanced down at this arm, a bit of his cloak was torn revealing the shallow cut in his arm. The blood around it was dry, but as he moved his arm bits of red drops were squeezed out and trickled down slowly.

It was a small cut, but he had been lying on a relatively flat-sloped surfaces with little to no rocks or derbies around him. There was nothing for him to cut his arm on.

"Why are we even arguing, our best bet is to head to Eflido. No, Seto's best bet is in Eflido." Seto looked up from inspecting his cut to hear Jerome's voice outside the cave.

"Seto? Seto is the reason we're in this situation. If we had left him we wouldn't be in this predicament. You do realize there is no way for you or Mitch to get home without going through Emedo or Keuta."

Silence.

Seto looked down at his legs, it was his fault. They didn't have to come for him. Adam didn't have to give up everything for a promise, a small insignificant promise made on whim. It was only a promise, nothing special, as easily as they were made, they could be broken.