Chapter Seventeen

The start of Part 2 is here! Finally, hope you are all prepared, I have some cool things planned, some comical, others sad, some cute.

Also if you don't know already, Game Over is on hold, LOST book 2 will be written instead. To the winners of the contest, if you haven't already tell me the details for your prizes, I've been a little busy, but I will get them to you.

If you need a refresher on the prizes, you'll have to go to my art book, or LOST, because I'm removing all mention of the contest from Falling to Rise, because I want to keep this purely story related things.

Above is the doodle of a little green-eyed girl described in the chapter. She's not important, but I wanted to draw her.

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 17

"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one"

His feet treaded softly through the mounds of snow. Fluffy white and almost undisturbed except by his own feet. He couldn't remember how he got here, or even why. The snow fell lightly from the sky but the air was neither warm nor cold. He could see his breath fan out before him but he didn't feel like he was breathing.

At first terror coursed through him as he walked through the deep, coldless snow, until he saw lights flicker in the distance through the fairly dense forest. At once he trudged faster through the snow, almost falling several times, in hopes he could find someone to tell him where he was and how he'd gotten here.

As he got closer he could see a town. A small rural town. A small rural town with music playing, loud and fast paced music using the sounds of drums and clapping as the main instruments it seemed. The entire town was lit up and through the trees that littered this side he could make out the happy laughter and dancing and cheering of many folk during what he could no doubt assume was a celebration. A festival, and a lovely one at that.

He felt drawn to the town and as he walked closer, he almost didn't even realize the man that sat off to the side, far from the town, but watching nonetheless.

Seto stopped walking and looked at the figure, from a distance his face was hard to recognize, but the black, folded wings and the long, spiked tail were unmistakable.

Seto couldn't believe, there was no way, no way that Ty was here. He walked slowly at first, forgetting the town and music and the food, Seto made his way towards Ty. Steadily picking up his pace, soon breaking out into a run. He came to a stop as he stood only feet from Ty's unmistakable features.

Was this a dream? It had to be, no way could he find himself suddenly thrown into the cold reaches of a snowy biome with his friend, his dear friend he wished to save so much, sitting here.

"T-Ty?" Seto said his name hesitantly, almost afraid that this world he was in would vanish at even one little disturbance. As if sleeping Ty seemed to wake up, clutching his head at first before turning to face Seto.

There was silence as Seto stood and Ty sat, neither made a move, and neither spoke a word. Ty broke the silence.

"Seto..., is it you?"

Seto nodded vigorously, tears already at his eyes, "Ty, it's-it's me, it's really me!" As much as Seto wanted to hug Ty, and he almost did, Ty stopped him.

"What do you want?" he looked away, not even asking the question to Seto's face, "Last I checked, you saved the prince."

Seto frowned and looked away, "I-I..."