Chapter Thirteen

Whoop! Another chapter!

I'm sick so I'm going to make this short, but this one is kind of a filler, it will either be tomorrow's or the next day after tomorrow where you find out about the trial and see if your theories were right, close or way off! 

Enjoy

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 13

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps."

~~~~~

"The king asks that you stand witness for the trial of your mother, Aliss Jane Vesuvius, for the crime of sorcery, five days from now."

Seto felt like the world collapse.

Like he was standing in a dark abyss, completely alone, the darkness working its way to swallow him whole. Of course, how could he ever believe things would go well. The moment he'd left home three months ago he was heading down a one-way road to the nether. It's been one hell after the other.

Seto felt arms grip his shoulders as he was pulled back to reality. "Seto--Seto snap out of it!" Adam shouted into Seto's face. Seto blinked and saw Adam's face in his. Normally he'd shout or panic for not noticing, and therefore be surprised, however he did nothing. He stood there and looked at nothing.

Not his mother.

Not his wonderfully kind, beautiful mother.

His mother had never done anything wrong to anyone. How could they ever accuse her of sorcery. It had to be some sort of cruel joke, right? Just a joke...

"Seto! Listen to me! You're using magic right now, stop this, this isn't what you want right now is it?" Seto blinked again, this time he glanced around. The coachman was still standing where he was when he first spoke to Seto. Ian was helping Mitch and Jerome pull objects from the air and back to the ground.

Seto realized this was his doing, he was doing what he did in his father's library again.

His father! What of his father! Seto shrugged off Adam, this movement caused the floating objects to shoot to the left as he shrugged to the left. He pushed past Adam and to his family's coachman, "My father, please, tell me, is he ok too!"

He shook his head, "I am only here to deliver this message, I know nothing more." Seto broke down, tears began to spill from his face before ran off. Leaving the room and down the hallway past the guards. Many objects fell to the ground with a crash or a shatter, but many of them were still attached to whatever force was pulling them. They followed Seto through the hallway as he ran without another word.

"Seto! Wait!" Jerome yelled before making a dash for him.

"Dammit!" Adam yelled, he glared, his fist was clenched unnaturally tight, "I promised Seto that his family would be fine! How the hell did this happen!" Adam was actually mad. For the most part he never got mad.

He turned to look at the coachman, "You will say nothing of what happened here."

"Of course." The man nodded, "I will go and prepare the carriage to take Master Seto to the Emedo when he is ready, take as much time as you need."

~~~~~

Seto ran out of the the great hall as quickly as he could. He was practically screaming, his wails could be heard from a mile away. Seto's uncontrollable sobs and emotions were causing anything around him to be picked up by floating forces and smash into the walls around him. Glass shattered, walls were scratched, he was wrecking the castle's beauty.