Chapter Twenty-Nine

HAHAHA! I'M DOING SO GOOD AT THIS MARATHON...HA...Ha...ha 

Sorry this is so late at night, at least where I am. I will try better tomorrow. Also, to tired to edit.

~~~~~

Falling to Rise

Chapter 29

"AUTHOR QUOTE: Hey you...don't suck :I"

*My head hurts so I was to lazy to go quote searching rn...*

Adam plopped to the ground and sat back letting out a heavy sigh as the sun began to rise and the threat of battle had passed, "Whew! Man! That was a lot more work than I thought it would be..."

"Heh, but you're not a bad fighter, you're with Seto and the others, right?" Jordan, though scratched up and bruised all over stood tall, Adam nodded to him, "I wonder why this is the first time we've met, well, I'm Jordan, but many people also just call me Captain. An inside joke if you will," he laughed and held out his hand to Adam.

Adam stiffened before nervously grabbing his hand and pulling himself up before shaking Jordan's hand, "I-I'm Adam..."

"You ok bud?" Jordan tilted his head, the two of them were about the same height even though Adam was sure Jordan was older than him by a few years.

"Y-yea... you just...remind me of someone I'd like to forget..."

"Sorry," Jordan placed a hand on Adam's shoulder, "I wish I could make that not happen, but if it will help, you remind me of someone I never got a chance to say goodbye to."

Adam looked up to Jordan's kind smile and stood there unable to speak before cracking a small smile, "Thanks."

With that the two of them turned to see people already putting out fires and carrying the injured over to Wag.

Jordan clenched his fist and gritted his teeth, "Dammit, there's so much damage, I should've been prepared for something like this."

"We can't predict everything that is going to happen, we'll be caught off guard sometimes and other times we'll be prepared. All you can do now is move forward and keep fighting for what you believe in." Adam said without looking to Jordan.

"You're right, you're very smart. Excuse me I guess, I have to start attending to things to get this place back on its feet." Jordan waved and Adam waved back before running to look for his friends.

The camp was in total disrepair, it's a shame that Adam's first visit here would be his last visit here. But now was not the time to dwell on the past. Up ahead Adam spotted Mitch and quickly ran to him.

"Mitch, thank Notch you're ok, have you seen anyone else?"

Mitch turned and waved as Adam came over. He had his hoodie draped over his shoulder, "Gezz Mitch you need to get those injuries checked out!"

Mitch shrugged, "It's not that bad, and I think I saw Ian over there." Mitch pointed in Ian's direction and Adam spotted him from here.

"Thanks," Adam made a move to go to Ian.

"Wai't I'll come with you," Mitch winced as he ran after Adam.

"Hold up, go get patched up and then we'll come find you, you can't run around like that."

Mitch rolled his eyes, "Fine..." he mumbled before turning back and heading the opposite direction.

~~~~~

Inside one of the few buildings still up, five people sat around some crates put up to be a make-shift table.

"Wag, how are all the people?" Jordan asked. He looked to see Wag and Jason with him along with two other of his trusted friends. Besides Sub who was in critical condition, still alive thankfully, as they would need to question him later, three other people would normally be here for these kinds of meeting but they were away in another kingdom for business purposes.