Chapter Sixteen

Don't kill me please.

Many of your theories were close, but none of them hit the nail with a hammer.

ALSO one more week till my contest ends make sure to submit your entry before January 1st. 

Falling to Rise

Chapter 16

"Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough"

~~~~~

An hour. Seto has been in this room for an hour. Suddenly he heard something different, he heard silence. The chatter on the other side of the door ceased. Seto perked up, then the guards walked up to Seto and pulled him up.

They opened the door and Seto had to hold his hand over his face to block out the light. An hour in a pitch black room would do that. The guards pushed Seto forward and walked behind him.

These guards have horrible manners, Seto thought to himself. Seto's eyes widened, the room was large, crowds of people sat all around, most of them dressed up in fancy attire. Aristocrats no doubt. Every single one of them looked at Seto as he walked down a red carpet that ran along the middle of the floor. The carpet stopped at this stonebrick patch on the ground and just in front of that was a stone faced man, a solemn faced man and Adam.

The stone faced man had his arms resting on a golden chair, a golden crown adorned in large and magnificent jewels rested on his head. The king. Adam sat next to him on his left in a smaller chair with a smaller but similar crown, Adam's curly hair was combed and slick and his glasses removed and amulet showing. To the right of the king was another chair, larger than Adam's but smaller than the king's, it sat empty with no one in it.

The guards stopped Seto at the stonebrick patch in the floor and they forced him to the ground. He gasped as he was forced to bow in front of the king. What on Ethereal were they doing! He could bow for himself.

But something about the room was familiar.

"Rise." The guards pulled Seto to his feet and he watched the king. The king didn't make eye contact with Seto, he waved his hand and Seto heard the flick of a lever. Seto looked back to see a guard by a series of levers.

At first nothing happened. Then Seto heard it, the whirring of gears, the sounds of some mechanism moving. No doubt Emedo had this build by an engineer from Eflido. Seto looked up as the sounds grew louder at the top, a part of the ceiling was retracted.

Down dropped two bodies suspended by the ropes around their neck.

~~~~~

"Dammit! We've been riding for over an hour, we've just barely made it into Emedo, how long will it take us to get to the actual capital!" Jerome yelled over the sound of the horse's hooves.

"Another hour, it will take another hour, just shut up and focus on your d*mn horse!" Ian yelled from the front. Jerome the most inexperienced in horse riding was at the very back.

"Don't tell me what to do!"

"Shut up."

~~~~~

Seto was terrified. He was visibly shaking and tearing up. "N-no.. N-no!" This had to be fake. They couldn't be his parents! What was the meaning of this.

"Seto James Magi, you are hereby accused of being a sorcerer or having ties with one." The solemn faced man standing beside the king spoke up and walked forward in front of Seto.