Fun things about what I did to plan F2R

So I just wanted to share something. The drafts of the maps of the realm of Ethereal.

Now I've misplaced the first draft so I did a rough representation doodle. The original was on line paper and was really just lines and circles with town names on them. At the time there were no kingdoms, and everything took place in the "kingdom of Ethereal"

 At the time there were no kingdoms, and everything took place in the "kingdom of Ethereal"

Crap rep.

Next I decided to make kingdoms and well you'll see it's very watery

You'll be able to see that:
1. Lots of rivers and except in Keuta cuz desert.
2. Emedo is an island.
3. Duhita and Eflido are switched.
4. Emedo and Keuta are switched.
5. Emedo has some claims on Vragan land, Efliden land, and Ny'm land (Neim)
6. Vragan has a third town surrounded by Emedo land.

Now I decided to remake this map because thinking story wise, it was inconvenient. Cuz Seto lived in Keuta, and to get to Eflido he'd need a boat and to get to Hyrrka he need a boat, and to Duhita a boat, and etc. Basically he'd need a boat everywhere and I was like haha SIKE. To much boat!

Now here you can see what I mean by switched

I moved Emedo and Keuta because it made more sense, if keuta is the center of trade it should be easily accessible to all kigdoms. Next Duhita and Eflido switched because Adam and Mitch were childhood "besties".

Its a pain to travel through keuta to get to Duhita and it looked better to have 3 powerhouses who want to all be friends closer together.

I also deleted Vragan's third town Haran and obviously in the story when mentioned has a differnt name.

And even ignoring where the kingdoms are placed, looking at the places within a kingdom and comparing you can see how much has moved.

And the next version is the previous version with a digital background no change really. (At the beginning of tbe book to lazy to add here)

I am however make a completely digital map for the upcomings books.

So yea, I hope this was cool. Just so you guys see a small fraction of the work put in to make this book great for all you.

And how I didn't just draw a map and was like yea.

I put some real thought into some things and asked "whats the most logical thing?"

●lots of boat travel?
● all the kingdoms of focus far away from each other? (Duhita, Keuta, Emedo)
●A trading kingdom in a disadvantages location for some kingdoms?

Planning does take a lot of work so if you want to make something you're really proud of. Don't be afraid just cuz it is a lot of work to plan things. I spent a good 3-4 months planning before F2R could even begin.

(Thank god I don't need to plan as much for Destiny Calls and Grasping Fate cuz most of the stuff is just what I planned when I made F2R... haha)

I think I would die if I had to do that much again.

~WrittenDarkness