Forest Arena

Ryuu P.O.V.

“This is so unfair! Maika already know what type of Dragon she is,” I said. We were now in the separate dressing rooms drying ourselves from the little incident that we had earlier.

“Don’t worry Ryusaki we’ll find out what types we are soon enough,” said Kaito in the next dressing room. I sighed. Lucky now Maika’s going to be in the Fire section whenever we had Fighting Style.

I finished dressing up after Kaito who had long gone to go fix his hair. I went in the direction of where the mirrors were at. I found Kaito with Derek. His blond hair still dripping from the sprinklers.

Yes. He had the same class as us this period also and yes they were arguing again. And when I say arguing I mean all out arguing. Rude words, cuss words, smart words, and simple words were thrown back to back. Other boys were surrounding them so I had to push my way through until I was standing right next to Kaito.

“You know what I don’t give damn about you. Why do you keep talking to me?!” Kaito said yelling.

“Oh my Dragon! You’re just a whore who wants all of this!” said Derek gesturing to his body.

Kaito looked up and down at Derek’s body, “All of what? I don’t see anything!”

OOHH! BURN! A bunch of guys were saying the same thing. Derek glared at Kaito. Derek reached for Kaito but didn’t get far because Mr.H came out of nowhere and grabbed his hand.

“What’s going on here?!” he asked. He looked around and no one answered then he looked at me for a while, “Well?”

“Oh you’re talking to me,” I asked pointing to myself. He nodded like I was dumb or something. Which I probably was but hey! “Well they were about to have a cat fight is what’s going on here.”

“Hey who’s side are you on?!” asked Kaito.

“Yours of course! But I’m just telling the truth,” I said shrugging my shoulders.

Mr.H turned to Derek now, “You know you cannot fight unless you ask for permission in the arena,” he said to Derek.

He nodded. “Of course I know! So can we fight in the arena?” he asked.

Mr. H sighed letting go of Derek’s hand. “Yes you may but since he is a newbie then there must be a handicap,” he said.

“Fine its 3 on3 then he can choose whoever he wants,” Derek said then turning to Kaito “And you’d better choose wisely,” he finished turning and leaving.

“Well that’s a problem for you,” I said then pretended that I was looking at a watch, “Oh look at the time it’s getting late,” I said trying to walk away but didn’t make it anywhere.

“AH AH AH where do you think you’re going mister?” said Kaito catching the back of my collar pulling me back towards him.

“Well you see I’m going to be late for World Geography,” I said trying to pull away but it was just not working.

“Well you don’t need to worry about that because once some asks for a fight in the arena the whole Academy has to watch and skip that period,” explained Mr.H with a slight hint of a smile.

Damn!

“And who will be the third one?” asked Mr.H.

“Maika!” answered Kaito.

I knew it. Oh sweet Dragon in the sky please help me!

We walked to the cafeteria and found Maika there sitting down. Apparently news travels fast because she changed just like us. We all had Frayed Cargo shorts on and different colored shirts on to match our hair color. We all had a pair of opened leather gloves. Mine’s yellow, Kaito’s green and Maika’s green also. We also wore a pair of black army boots. Damn we are decked out! I’m surprised we didn’t have weapons.

We followed Mr.H outside. Huh I thought the arena was inside.

“If you’re wondering why were outside is because we are doing a different arena. The nature arena,” he said leading us to a forest.

This is not an arena! This is a giant forest that has some very dangerous in it is what it is!

“Where going in there?!” I asked pointing to the forest.

“Yes but not you two,” he said pointing to me and Maika making me sigh in relief, “not yet that is until later on.”

Kaito raised an eyebrow and cocked his head “What do mean by later on?”

“First these two will sit on the platform with Derek’s teammates. Then they will be released one at a time from each time. Sometimes when they are released the start fighting right then and there,” explained Mr.H. My eyes widened at the last part. “But since you three are beginners it is not allowed you or the other team will be disqualified.”

Good cause I’m going to is run for my life. I can fight yes but this is B.L.D.A. with Dragon students. My karate won’t help me!

Mr.H escorted us to the platform where we were supposed to stay at until we were released. Derek and his teammates were already there. Derek had his usual tall boots on. There was a girl that looked a year older than Derek, and a boy right next to the girl. Plus they were all blond! Wow.

“You ready to lose,” said Derek. Kaito and took a step forward but Maika blocked his path way. The girl from Derek’s team also took a step forward.

“Sorry for Derek. My name is Daisy and the boy is Nick,” she said pointing to herself then Nick.

“Yeah sorry for our hot-head over to. His name’s Kaito or Kai mine’s Maika or Mai, and his is Ryusaki or Ryuu for short,” said Maika.

Daisy shrugged “I could care less. I don’t remember people’s names that I beat,” she said smirking at her comment making Maika growl at her also dropping her protective arm from Kaito’s path.

Sigh~ “What hot-blooded people,” I said shaking my head. “Now come on guys. Settle this on the field.”

“The kids right we’ll settle this on the field...ginger,” said Daisy turning around.

Crap! Maika hates being called ginger! Her features changed and her fingers started glowing red like before.

“Maika you have to calm down or else we’ll be disqualified!” I said surprised at how calm my voice was. She calmed down a little bit remembering the rules Mr.H gave us before.

“Thanks Ryusaki,” she said coming back to the middle. I smiled. Yay! We all cooled down a bit well mainly Kaito and Maika mostly. Mr.H came back in after disappearing from wherever he went to.

“So have we greeted?” he asked and we all nodded, “Good. Now Kaito and Derek you each will walk down separate stairs down to the forest,” he said pointing to two white stairs leading into the stairs.

“In this forest you must defeat each to decide if you win or not. It the best 2 out of 3 so if one team defeats two from the other team then they win, but if there is one win and one loss on each time it will be decided on the final match,” explained Mr.H. “Now you two walked down the stairs and stop inside the circle.” They did this glaring at each other going down the stairs.

Oh Dragon we are going to have problems.

“The circle you both are now in is a teleport system. You will be teleported in different places and find each other and fight. You may use your surroundings to help in any possible. And just remember don’t kill each other,” he said smiling.

Kill each other?!

“No promises,” said Kaito still glaring at Derek.

“Same here,” said Derek.

A remote materialized in Mr.H hand. He sighed, “Then let the games begin!” he yelled pushing the button. They both disappeared in thin air. Two screens appeared above our heads. One with Kaito on it and Derek on the other.

I’m getting nervous! I turned to see if the others were. Daisy was just grinning at Maika who was growling at her. Nick was just staring straight ahead saying nothing until he turned my way. Now that I’m noticing this guy hasn’t said anything since. I smiled in his direction and he returned it. He seems nice. I turned back to Kaito’s screen and watch.

I wonder what Kaito’s thinking right now.