twenty-nine

"That was absolutely amazing!" Mae exclaimed as she and Luke walked away from the stage hand in hand.

Her excitement level was bursting. She couldn't believe she finally witnessed the two people who practically saved her life perform in person. They were even better than she could've ever imagined.

"It was pretty incredible," Luke agreed, tearing Mae away from her thoughts.

Although it didn't seem like she zoned out for too long, Luke still noticed that she was in a place far away.

"What're you thinking about?" He wondered.

They continued walking until they came across a little restaurant.

"Oh, nothing," she blushed.

A waiter came over and asked if they would like a booth or a table. Up until that point neither one of them even realized they were hungry; they were too busy thinking about everything else going on today.

"Uh, a booth?" Luke's words came across as a question instead of a statement as he looked to Mae for confirmation. She nodded her head happily as they followed the gentlemen to a booth in the back corner.

Luckily, it was pretty dim in the restaurant so nobody could really see them. Luke was worried that someone might recognize him, but if anything it wouldn't be that bad.

"I'm not accepting your answer by the way," he piped up, his eyes focused on the menu in front of him.

Mae couldn't help but smile at his words. She's never had anyone challenge her answer before. Normally, they'd accept her little white lie and move onto better things.

"I, uh," she paused, tucking a stray piece of hair back into her hat, "they just mean a lot to me, and I'm glad I got to see them live."

"Hey," he cooed. He reached his hand across the table and grabbed hers. "It's okay, you know? I totally understand where you're coming from."

As does she, Luke also has similar emotions toward other artists. There's been moments in his life when he's felt alone, and the lyrics flowing through his headphones managed to comfort him in his darkest moments.

"Musicians have a certain way of captivating their fans," he says.

"And they can make them feel as though they're not alone," she adds.

"Exactly," he beams.

The waiter comes back and takes their orders, and after he does so, they dive straight into another conversation.

"You know, twenty one pilots aren't the only artists that mean a lot to me," Mae starts. Luke looks at her expectantly, waiting for her to continue. "There's a certain Australian foursome that have managed to aid me in troubling times."

Luke's lips turn upward into the biggest smile as he takes in her words. Somehow, someway he and his band have been able to help many people around the world, and this beautiful girl in front of him is one of them.

There have been moments where she's sat in the dark with music humming softly in her ears, whether it be the music from his band or another. She's turned to people she doesn't even know when those around her couldn't provide.

He's helped her without even knowing it, and being with her here makes him want to help her that much more. He wants to be the one she can turn to in times of need, and now he can be there for her physically instead of just mentally.

meh, this is kinda mediocre but it has an important point :)

and OMG the imagine attached to the picture sent me into overdrive