thirty-two

Mae's eyes slowly opened one by one as she tried to adjust to her surroundings. For a moment, she panicked because she forgot where she was, but at the sound of the snoring next to her, all the thoughts from last night came rushing back.

She looked to the clock on the nightstand, fully expecting it to be late afternoon, but it was the complete opposite -- it was only four o'clock in the morning.

Luke started to shuffle beside her and she tried everything she could not to wake him up. Although, no matter what she did, it would fail because he's a pretty light sleeper.

"Hey," he mumbled, his groggy morning voice overwhelming her senses. She couldn't think straight for at least two minutes.

"Hi," she whispered. "I didn't mean to wake you."

As she fumbled to remove herself from the mattress, his arms grabbed ahold of her, restricting her from moving. He smirked once he knew she was caught.

"Where're you going?"

"Apparently nowhere," she chuckled.

He placed a kiss on her cheek before taking his turn at looking at the clock.

"Shït. It's only four," he started, "I feel like we've been asleep for days."

Mae couldn't help but agree. This was probably the best night's sleep she's had in ages and it hasn't even been five hours yet. It was normal for her to toss and turn as she tried to fall asleep at home, so she couldn't believe how easily she fell asleep tonight.

Even though it could be due to the mass amount of activities from the day, she was convinced it had more to do with who she was sleeping beside.

"You should get back to sleep," Mae suggested as she gently caressed his forehead, pushing his matted down hair out of his face.

"As should you."

"I'm actually not very tired anymore," she sheepishly admitted. It was as if she could run a marathon -- she was so full of energy.

"Well, I'm not sleeping all alone," he pouted, "certainly not in this big ol' bed."

"Please," she scoffed, shoving at his shoulder, "you could comfortably spread out without me here."

Once again, she attempted to leave the bed, and this time he allowed her to, but only partially. She sat up on the edge as he moved behind her, his head resting on her shoulder.

"I'd much rather be cuddled beside you then sprawled out by myself." His lips attached to her neck, kissing it softly.

"Hmm," she hummed, her senses once again being taken over by him. "Stop being so cute -- I can't handle it."

"I can't help it," he muttered, "besides it's not like there's a time restriction or anything on when not to be cute."

"Well, there should be."

As the two of them sat there, both of their minds were completely revolved around each other. Thoughts of him were on hers, and thoughts of her were on his, and if they were being completely honest, they didn't want it any other way.

Throughout the day, they listened to the various artists who could take them away from all of their worries and cares, but it turns out they only needed one other person to do the job -- each other.

why do i create such cute relationships? it only makes being single that much harder ugh :p

but any who i hope you guys are enjoying everything so far :)

and quick question: if you guys preordered the album, how excited are you for jet black heart? i'm legit freaking out, i can't wait!