thirty

As day turned into night, the events of the festival continued despite the fatigue that was consuming some of the attendants, especially Mae and Luke.

With their hands still intertwined, the two teenagers wandered along, not wanting their time together to end.

After seeing twenty one pilots and stuffing their faces with multiple plates of food, they stopped by and watched various other artists. They had gotten the most out of this experience, but there was no denying that it was beginning to die down.

"This has been one of the best days," Mae started. She paused for a moment, not sure if she should continue, but she does anyway, hoping Luke will overlook her next statement, "I've had in a very long time."

His blue eyes gaze down to the girl next to him. She's looking straight ahead without a single care in the world, but despite the outside, there seems to be more lingering deep down inside. There's a sense within him that's telling him there's more to her words, but he doesn't want to ruin the moment by pressing her for details. So, he simply continues the conversation in a casual manner.

"I totally agree," he says.

"I'm really glad I got to spend it with you, Luke," she admits, looking up to him. "You've made this day even better."

Their footsteps diminish as they slow to a stop.

"You know," Luke speaks up, "I think I know something that could make it even better."

Mae's eyebrows scrunch in confusion as she awaits his explanation. In her eyes, there's nothing that could possibly add to what's already happened today, but she was wrong.

Luke's next words were ones she could've never imagined.

"I think I can get us in to meet Tyler and Josh," he smiled.

Mae's entire body froze.

Luke started to worry as he looked into her eyes which have no emotion whatsoever. They have completely glossed over.

"Mae. Earth to Mae," he shook her shoulders gently.

"Y-you're," she began, although she was struggling with actually finishing her thought, "you're j-joking, r-right?"

He smiled sheepishly as he pulled her along to where the artists' vans and tour buses were stationed.

It just so happens that he's pretty friendly with some of today's performers, especially the members of twenty one pilots.

As they passed bus after bus, Mae's insides were bubbling over, about to explode like a volcano. She couldn't believe that she was going to meet Tyler and Josh.

"Here it is," Luke announced, gesturing to the large, black tour bus.

All of the negative thoughts that had ever resided within her mind was overridden by the poetic lyrics from twenty one pilots. Without even realizing it, she had slowly become better and happier by listening to them.

Unbelievably, in less than two minutes she was going to be face to face with them, and it's all thanks to the amazing boy standing beside her.

Luke knocked on the door and just as it was about to be answered, Mae stood on her tiptoes and whispered in his ear, sending shivers down his spine.

"I swear I could kiss you right now."

short & sweet but don't worry my dears i'll update again later today :)