thirty-one

Tyler and Josh were two of the most kind hearted and entertaining people Mae has ever come across. They weren't the least bit bothered that her and Luke came to their bus -- in fact they were more than happy to have them there.

The four of them spent over three hours together just laughing and having the best time. A connection between them was created the moment they stepped foot upon the vehicle, and Mae is certain it's one that will last for a really long time.

Even though Josh and Tyler would've loved to spend even more time with Luke and Mae, they had to head to the next stop on the schedule, so their time had to be cut short.

Once they bid farewell, Luke and Mae were left to finally go their separate ways as well. Although, after spending that much more time together was making it even more difficult to say goodbye.

"I don't wanna go home," Mae whispered, her head nuzzled against Luke's chest. His arms wrapped tightly around her torso in order to shield her against the cold, bitter wind surrounding them.

"I don't wanna go home, either," he agreed.

There was no way that he could leave her. In the short amount of time they'd spent together, they already became so attached to the other.

As the wind grew stronger and Luke held on tighter, an idea popped into Mae's head. However, she's not so sure she should suggest it aloud.

It would be ridiculous to even mention, let alone actually go through with. She's only just met Luke in person, so there's no way he'd be interested in what she had to say.

The moments passed by as the thought fought to be released from her mind and through her lips, but before she could even think about letting it out, Luke managed to suggest it first.

"What if we don't go home?"

She pulled away and looked up at him through her eyelashes. He was smiling down at her with a glimmer in his deep ocean blue eyes.

"Are you sure?" She pondered the idea.

Of course, she's totally on board with it, but for some reason she's also against it. "I mean, I don't know if it's such a good idea, Luke. We only just met, and-," she's cut off by Luke's finger resting gently against her lips.

"Mae, calm down," he chuckled, "we're not doing anything wrong. I just wanna spend the night with you, and by that I don't mean have sex."

He was being very blunt and straightforward but she greatly appreciated it. She's been in situations before where there was major pressure to do such things, and it's reassuring to know that's not what Luke's looking for. At least not yet.

"I wanna lie with you until you fall asleep in my arms. I wanna cherish the quiet with you as you're slowly drifting away from reality and into the place where your wildest dreams can come true."

Mae's heart swelled at his words.

Luke was like no other. He wasn't pressuring her into anything she didn't want to do. He was simply laying out what he wanted to do, which just so happens to be the exact same as she wants. Innocence.

They agreed on spending the night together, and it worked out well because Luke already had a hotel room from being in Melbourne the previous night. It also saved Mae the trouble of having to find one on her own.

With all of the lights out except for the glimmer of the night stars through the window, Luke and Mae lie in each other's arms, listening to the soft beats of their hearts.

"I couldn't have imagined a better ending to the day," Mae whispered.

"I can," Luke responds, and before Mae can comprehend what's happening, Luke adjusts himself so that he can gently attach his lips to hers.

It's not rushed. It's not heated.

It's slow and passionate. It's perfect.

some cutesy muke fluff for your night/day depending on where you are haha