chApter 6

Sorry if I haven't been updating but school has suck the creativity out of me and I have a big problem known as a writer's block. Well here is a short chapter and I promise to update next time with a longer chapter. 

[BoNa]

A promise is a promise. But I don't understand why humans make such a thing when most promises are meant to be broken. Either intentionally or unintentionally, a solid promise will always shatter into a million pieces. And I am as guilty as charge when it comes to a broken promise. 

Promising my time to V was the hardest promise to keep. Due to supposedly ditching detention the other day, I was assigned to more time in detention after school. Worse part yet, I was forced to clean the bathroom on every floor of this big school.   

I hesitantly made my way up to the fifth floor with my cleaning utensils. This floor was hardly use, well mainly for hang out for the students but other than that it was empty. One more step up the stair and I was face with a long empty hallway. The sunset casting long shadows of desk against the walls. 

I wonder if V is at home or if he was waiting at the bench where he usually waits for the past two days. One look out the window and I hope he was home. It looks like it was going to rain as dark grey clouds made their move in on the city. Hopefully he isn't scared of thunder and lightning too. 

Upon arriving the girls' restroom, my ears perk up to familiar voices. Voices that I dread to hear. Voices that only means danger. I held the door lightly so that it wouldn't dare make the littlest squeak and I back up. I back away, out of the bathroom but immediately, I bump into a wall like body. 

"Where are you going? The fun is just about to begin."  Hoon's chilly voice rang from behind me as him and Jihoo grab me by the arm and drag me in effortlessly. 

Within seconds, I find myself on my bare knees, staring up into Minhee's eyes. I blink once and then twice, wishing to wake up from this nightmare. Nothing happen because this was practically my life. A nightmare. 

Blinking my eyes to look down at my hands that was sprawl on the floor, everything remain quiet. I can feel the spotlight on me as Minhee took a step forward. One step more and her foot was on my good hand. Pain ran along my hand to my wrist and before I could control my tongue, I whisper out the lowest moan. 

"Aww...poor baby. You must have been bored this whole week since I didn't get to make time for you." Minhee pout as she put more pressure on my wrist. 

"Jungkook...is the toilet ready for use." She ask, the words playfully dancing along her tongue. 

My eyes wander around the dim bathroom until it lands on Jungkook, who stood there looking sick like always when they have these "play dates" with me. He nod his head and open one of the stall for her. 

I didn't struggle. One thing I have learn was to never struggle because as soon as the pain come, it will disappear. Struggling will only hurt more. One minute I was dry and the next, my head was soak in toilet water. Water going up my nose and mouth, choking me along with the hands that wrap itself around my neck. 

My breathing was heavy as I cough uncontrollably. Laughter fill the air but Jungkook's silence was the loudest. I shiver and remain where I was as I use the wall for support to hold my body up. I want to break down and cry. I want to give up and end my life but then I stop. I stop as I think of that one person who has smile brightly at me for the first time in forever. Who has wrap me up in warmth and love that made up for those past emptiness that I felt. 

He is waiting for me. Someone is waiting for me. I can't give up yet. 

Soon those laughter became just an echo that continues to ricochet off the enclose walls. Every remaining human shadow was gone. All except for two. One of a lonely girl and the other of a boy too afraid to stand up. To stand out. 

Gentle hands rest itself on my shoulder and unexpectedly tries to comfort me.  Soft rain drops soon fell down heavily and before long, the rhythmic beat of the rain hitting the ground became a sad melody. I found myself staring into Jungkook's eyes. Envelope with his warmth as the old him return. The old him only I knew. 

"I'm sorry..." He apologize, using those empty words for the hundredth time. "...for being a coward."