chApter 23

I COULDN'T CHOOSE A IMAGE FOR THIS CHAPTER SO HERE IS MORE!!!!

[BoNa]

[BoNa]

It seems like everyone around me has gone quiet. Not only that but those I actually care about are silent and gone. Gone from my sight. I should be afraid that I am once again alone but loneliness was now just an old frenemy of mine. We don't get along but that doesn't mean we don't need each other once in awhile.

It has been almost a week now since I last walk Jungkook home and almost two weeks now since V have left without a trace. As if he never stepped into my life and left these deep footprint in my memory. As for Jungkook, I stopped by his house everyday just to be greeted with the flowery curtains that were never slide open to let the light in. The house was calm and peaceful as if no one lived in there. No matter how much I rang the doorbell, no response, not even the slightest creak from the house.

I would have given up on the second day but on the third day, I got slightly angry and threw a pebble at Jungkook's window. In an immediate response, I ducked and hid behind the nearest bush. Seconds pass before I saw the slight movement of the curtains and behind that window was the same boy I saw years ago. The pale boy who was afraid of the monsters that ruled reality.

That boy, with a slight courage, peeked out with his big brown eyes that resembled the empty sky. But that only lasted for a slight moment before the curtain swung back into position and nothing was left of him. It was as if the house swallowed him back up to protect him.

Today was the last day I will come by his house. Today was going to be just like the other days. A lie made up saying it is the last but tomorrow will just be like today. I will be coming back here. To stand in this same position, ring the doorbell and back away, hoping to see if the boy has changed back to Jungkook.

That little boy that has always been weak and afraid must see that I am here for him. I will always be here for him. I mean I allowed all of the teasing to fall on me so that he could survive and go on to make something out of him. Hopefully, he doesn't forget this and become selfish.

Dark clouds were rolling in but I remain there, throwing pebble after pebbles. Finally, after so many pebbles, the boy with Jungkook's face popped out. Not just through the window but through the crack made from the front door.

He allowed me to examine his face and though I must say that he looks a bit more gaunt than usual, I was happy that he doesn't look gone. Daze out of this world.

"I will see you at school tomorrow." I smile, trying to encourage him to smile back too.

But in response, he gave me sad eyes along with a fake smile. "No. You will only see me in your dreams." 

Once again. Let me know if I made grammar error. It will help me improve on my writing. THANK YOU MA BEAUTIFUL READERS!!!