chApter 9

[BoNa]

"I'm not letting you go anywhere." Jungkook repeated. His stare on me, making me feel exposed and naked before pulling his gaze away from mine to where V stood. The spark in his eyes and the whole aura he gave off was daring V to challenge him. To challenge his authority.

And that was exactly what V did not do. V came back into the classroom, not bothering to hide his annoyed expression that dominated his face. Coming over with heavy footsteps, he took my hands out of Jungkook's grip.

As we walked back to our seats, I tried not to sneak a glance at Jungkook but knowing the difference of what goes through my brain and my heart, I glanced. Jungkook's eyes were fixed on the ground. No. Not the ground but the interlock of V's hand and mine. Meeting my eyes, something about him immediately shut off. His facial expression and eyes became cold and unreadable. Almost as if he was afraid to let the slightest emotion he bottled up slip out.

I stop dead in track. Hand jolting out of V's grip. Turning to face Jungkook straight on instead of cowering away like back then. Every time, we make eye contact, I knew something was off. Something was being held back and the curiosity of it all was silently killing me. But how come I am just questioning about it now?

"Say something..." I whispered out, catching his attention just right when he was about to pull away.

Everyone turn towards the back. Towards the boy and the girl. Towards the girl who they labeled as mute because she had nothing to say. Their eyes burning holes once more on her back. 

Those familiarly unfamiliar pair of eyes that had always remain clear and sunny was now dark and cloudy. I feel like a blind person staring into those eyes. I can't see. I can't tell by using my sense of sight but I can still know by using my other senses.

"Please...say something." I pleaded.

Time ticked away as we stood there, really staring at each other for the first time in a long time. That's when I realize it. He looks like a worn out doll with tiny pieces of cottons falling out of his sides. He was rapidly falling apart. The only thing keeping him together was the small piece of thread that he continuously hold onto.

Jungkook continued to stare at me with those big brown eyes as V's touch brought me back to him. I didn't pull away. I didn't turn away and left with V. I stood there and waited for his answer but the only thing that responded to my question was the ring of the bell, signaling the end of school.

He turn away from me. Pulled away as if it didn't matter and left to collect his bag.

"It's okay...some people are just waiting for the right time to come around." V comforted a me who stood empty-handed and lost.

I sigh, not realizing that my action just now has brought on many whispering down the hall. People in the class rushed out to tell their friends of the mute girl who has "magically" found her voice.

"Let's go hoooooo oh...we have to serve detention." V nodded philosophically as his idiotic smile faded away once he read my mind.

I couldn't help but smile, forgetting about what had just occurred. Forgetting about the chaos going on in the hallway. I continue to smile at him as he try to shove my bag into his. After a couple of more attempts, I walked over to get my bag when he finally succeeded in stuffing a bag bigger than his in.

"Don't you worry. I will be your gentleman." His voice faintly echoing in the deserted classroom. He gave me a light smile that can create the smallest crack in the walls I built up. Swinging the overstuffed backpack over his shoulder, he continues to walk through the built walls inside me. 

There was something about him. Something about him that made me feel like a middle schooler crushing on a respected high schooler who is the big class clown. Maybe he didn't quite make me feel like how I felt when I still liked Jungkook but if anything, he made me feel different. My stomach doesn't flutter around like there is tiny butterflies. Instead, it gets overly excited. Like the feeling you get right before the fast downfall of the roller coaster but....in a good way.

V seem to have notice the crazy thoughts flying around my head because in response, he steps closer to me and lean in.

Before he could even say anything, something in my brain clicked and all that replayed in my head was the moment of when he first healed me. The way his soft lips tenderly healed my wound inside and out. The way it felt, I knew that it must have meant something more to him than just healing an injured bird. I know this because it meant something more to me.

"W-we should get g-going." V breathed out, interrupting my thoughts. His eyes suddenly jittering and unstable to meet mine.

His face was a light shade of red. Almost red enough to resemble a tomato but more like the leaves that are halfway red and ready to fall. Then I realize it. Standing here, listening to the silence that took over our voices. He made me feel different because I am different. I am sick. I am a sick patent who caught the disease. I am a leaf that have already fallen. All I needed was a cure to save me. A hand to catch me from falling to the ground.

"Let's go...the hallway is clear." V cleared his throat, making his way to the door. But I was too captivated by V's movement that I all I could do was stand and watch. The way he to the door to put more distance between us. The way he loosen his tie in such hurriness as if it was cutting off his airway.

I walk over to V who seem to be having a very hard time with opening the door. 

"You're suppose to push....not pull." I blurt out unknowingly as my hand accidently brush against his in the process of pushing the door open. Once our skin came in contact, V quickly pull back with such suddenness that it threw me off balance.

By impulse, V's arms found its way to bring me back to safety. He took ahold of my elbow and pull me up, preventing me from hitting one of the corner of the desktop. His other arm snaking its way around my waist. If it wasn't for V's sudden sprung into action, the sight wouldn't have been a pretty sight compare to the actual one I am staring at right now. Warm chocolate eyes that bewitched me and locked me in. Unable to escape his gaze as he brought me close to his body, wrapping both arms around my lower back.

"Was that a confession?" V's deep voice came out, making every word sound like it had a deeper meaning to it. 

"A confession that you like me? A sick patient. A leaf falling down. Were you confessing your feeling for me?" He confidently question me, never once wavering and breaking into a box smile. I can feel his heartbeat as it fell in sync with my own. Then the memory came flooding back to me of that night. That night when he told me of how you know one was made for the other when their heartbeat matched.  I replayed it over my head within the minutes, hoping that he will take this hint and decipher it.

An ear to ear smile followed with an annoyed pout was my response.

"I hate it. Why can't you be hurt right now." He pouted turning away and walking out the door.

V stops and turns to face me. He was wearing a look that I have never seen before. Lips loosely shut close, eyes that appear empty until further observation show more meaning to it. A genuine look. A look that left me with no air. Like trying to inhale air while your head was underwater.  

"Forget about this rule." V said, walking back to me. His tender hands grabbed the side of my head, as he leaned in just until he kissed me. Just until our lips met once more. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

What am I thankful for?? Why thank you for asking! Even if you didn't I will tell you anyways. 

I am thankful for my family. I am also thankful for YOU GUYS/GIRLS. I am REALLY THANKFUL FOR YOU MY BEAUTIFUL READERS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE!