chApter 19

[Jungkook]

The only warmth inside me was now receding away. Leaving me just like I was before. A hollow body with no soul or meaning to live anymore. I could go on but what is the point of fighting when you will be forever alone in this world. When the only person that made you feel safe abandons you.

"Jungkook-ah...wake up and get ready for school." My mom's voice drifted from the open bedroom door. 

That was the second time my mom has called for me to get ready. But like the last few days, I remain in bed, lying that I was sick. Truth be told, I was sick. Sick of life. Now that everyone knows my secret, how can I not be sick of it. When all that I face everyday is pain then numbness all over again, how can I not grow sick? 

I want to be strong and stand up even if I will be push down again. I want to be just like how BoNa was all these years. How painful it must have been for her. To face these disgusting joke that we teenagers come up with just because of the fact that one was different or not like you.  

What I feel is empathy for her but not sympathy because if anything, I am more pitiful than she will ever be. She has gone through all of these bull for the most of her school years and here I was. A little cut and I feel like I am already dying. 

"Jungkook-ah! I won't repeat myself! Get down here right now mister!" My mom chimed in to my thoughts, pushing aside whatever was taking over. 

As in a slow motion film, I got ready and dressed for school. Passing by the calendar that sits on top of my desk, I turn and picked up my highlighter. The marker hover over the date of ten days ago. If I cross this out now, it will mean that Taehyung's presence no longer hover around me. 

How can I? All I can feel his presence. If I cross it out, what difference will it make? The tip of my marker made contact with the calendar but other than that, it made no further movement. 

"I'm heading out mom." A stranger's voice came out of my mouth. 

I gave my mom a peck on the cheek, mumbling that I love her and with that, went out to a crying sky. I smile at my one and only friend as of today. The raining sky. If I end up crying today, it will have my back and make it seem like I never cried. 

With each step, I became farther away from home and closer to school. Farther away from the highlighter that never made a big X on that date.