chApter 18

See...I told ya I would keep my promise. Well here is another update for the week...or day or hour? Anyways I probably won't have time to update this month due to SCHOOL but enjoy these two chappies! 

P.S. 

Let me know if there is grammatical error! I didn't bother to read over. 

[Jungkook]

The whole thing was a big blur. From the moment, Taehyung went up the stairs to talk to BoNa till now. Everything seem to have happen so quickly that I couldn't just comprehend. The only thing, though, that actually made me wide awake and on my toes is the fact that Taehyung seem so lifeless.

Spending about a month with him was enough to know that no matter how tired that boy was, he still had some energy in him to smile brightly. But he just wasn't. I mean maybe small smile here and there when I talk to him.

The walk to my house was quiet among us. Well among Taehyung and I but the others were waking up the whole neighbors.

"Taehyung...are you alright?" I ask the older boy. Surprising right? Considering how childish he is, he was older than me still.

"Mhm." He mumbled, kicking at the tiny scattered pebbles on the cement. He didn't even bother to look at me as he noticeably picked up his pace.

Basically, that was how the walk home went. The others were beyond loud, Taehyung walk quietly ahead of us and I was in between. Unsure of what to do. Should I just ignore Taehyung or should I too be just as still as him? I of course, ended up walking with the others BUT remain as unnoticeable as a shadow.

By the time we crowded up on the couch, I could feel the dizziness of sleeping kicking in. Still, I manage to keep my eyelids up as I soak in the short glances of Taehyung.

Is he sick?

I couldn't help it but wonder if something was wrong with him. He hasn't gone this long without talking or...laughing. I continue to stare even when he finally turn his head to make a full on eye contact with me. My stare didn't waver. Even when his did, I kept on looking at him straight on.

I guess you can say that I must have creeped him out without realizing it. Taehyung gathered up himself and headed straight toward our shared room. He didn't turn back, just kept on trudging onward with heavy footsteps.

Considering how loud it was in the living room, I managed to hear the shutting of the door along with a heavy weight falling on the bed. A heavy weight too has fallen onto my shoulders. I know something is up but I don't know how to confront or worse comfort Taehyung.

Could this be about his family? I mean he never once mentioned them to me at all.

I shut my eyes. Tired of my always wondering mind. Tired of everything. Especially the fact that I am like this. I don't know what I am feeling.

"Lies...you do." The other part of my brain known as reality accused.

I do know. I know what I am feeling is quite unusual but I couldn't stop it. Even if I do, nothing good will come out of it. It's like a fear that continues to grow. A disease that gets worser and worser until realization hits you but it was already too deadly.

My heart thumps loudly, shaking up my inside as I move to turn the door knob. The room was dark, just the silhouette of items in the room guided me around. Tongue moistening my lips as I walk in, ready and hoping everything would turn out just fine. And if not, it was fine anyways.

The bed was still made but empty. The only thing that gave his presence away was the little wrinkle on the side from where I believe Taehyung laid on. He was nowhere in sight but I COULD feel him.

"Looking for me." His husky whisper made me jump out of my skin. Not literally but somewhere along the line.

I let out a huff of air and without warning, I punched him in the arm, earning a childish giggle from him. He drape his arms around my neck, giving it a slight squeeze. He reached for my head and roughly messed up my hair earning him an elbow to his guts.

"Stop it, hyung." I nearly let out a giggle before trading spots with him.

My hand continuously messes with his chocolate brown hair while my arm made a firm ring around his neck. We continue to horse around...well that is until he both forcefully and playful push me away.

"Stop." He breathe out causing the tips of his bangs to move in small motion.

A moment of silence between us. No longer awkward but peaceful and nice.

"I have to go now." Taehyung said, 

"W-what do you mean?" I swallowed back the words of confession. "You're leaving?"

"Yea...I'm leaving." Small smile. Just a small smile that didn't say much. "Turns out. I'm not needed as much as I hoped for."

My mind was a bundle of knots as I slowly and unsuccessfully try to untangle it.

"So" Pause. "Where are you heading to then?" Taehyung's legs were already over the window pane.

"Back home I guess." He shrugs as if him leaving would make everything indifferent.

I stare at him, not wanting to believe that he was just going to leave like that. I don't mean leaving through the second floor window but leave as if he have never been here.

"BoNa doesn't need me anymore..." Taehyung's head was hung low when those words escaped his lips that is no longer curving into a smile.

"I guess she never did." A fake smile my way.

Everything about this was like a knife that stabs me in the back and I am unable to take it out. It hurts but if I pull it out now, it will hurt even more than this. It can even kill me, maybe.

Taehyung turned his head towards the night sky, both feet now dangling over the window. His arms holding onto both side of the window, getting ready to push himself out of the room. Out of the house. Out of my life.

"Don't go...." I managed a hoarse whisper causing him to stop in mid action. Him turning to me made it even hard for me to let him go.

"She doesn't need you but..." I stuttered as I try to force the big lump in my throat down to where the knot remain at the pit of my stomach.

"I do." I said out louder than before. My eyes blur from the forming of tears but I quickly blink them away.

"I-I need you." I sniffled, my eyelids continuously closed and open.

Taehyung looked like he wanted to comfort me but he didn't step back in. He only smile. A real one this time. And without a second to waste, he jumped back in and gave me a brotherly bear hug.

"You'll be fine. You have BoNa."

And with that, he left. Nothing more was said from the both of us. But many things were still left unsaid.

"Hyung..." I swallowed back a sob.

"I think I-I like you."