chApter 32

[BoNa] 

"BoNa..." 

In my dreams, V look down at me but it was still too hazy to make out his details. Leaning in, his face became crystal clear but this time when he called my name again, his voice didn't belong to him. It was Jungkook's. 

I woke up with a jolt to sun rays poking through the curtains. Hovering over me was a figure that does not belong to V. 

"BoNa?" Jungkook look down at me with confused eyes. 

I was going to respond but my voice wouldn't come out due to the fact that Jungkook was up. He was up even when the doctors said he was basically dead. I was overjoy and unconsciously looked around the room so that I can attack V with hugs. It was all thanks to V. 

"And what's up with your face?" Jungkook questioned, as he points at it. 

I stare at him a bit dumbfounded. Confuse as to what time it was. Confuse with everything especially with the fact that Jungkook was in his regular clothing and not the hospital gown. Sitting up from my sleeping position, I soon came to find that I have slept past noon. 

"What happened?" I ask more to myself than Jungkook. 

"The doctors came in to check up on me. Told me I was lucky and that I should be free to go by this afternoon." Jungkook replied to my question. 

Nodding my head without my will, I continue to stare at the blank ground. Something was off. Jungkook was fine but why do I still feel like something was wrong. It was like a major change has took toll on what I use to call normal. 

"Where's V?" I ask, my eyes finally making eye contact with Jungkook. 

He was silent but was quick to reply like it shouldn't bother him anymore. "He left. Don't you remember. He left weeks ago." 

No. He came back. How can he have came back without actually being here? He WAS here. I actually touched him. It was no dream because the scent of his presence still hung in this room. 

But instead of saying what was on my mind, I just silently nod in agreement with Jungkook. It was better to ignore the painful truth and accept any reason as the truth. 

By the time we both walked out of the hospital, I have only realized then that my face was drawn on. A beard instead of a mustache but on my forehead, it was labeled with my name, just like how V did that night he returned. That night was only a day ago. A day ago that just seem to have been a realistic dream. 

"Are you okay?" Jungkook ask me. 

"I'm fine." I mumbled before turning to him to ask the same question. 

"I feel good. Like I just woke up from a very nice nap." He smiled with true happiness for the first time this week. 

I smile back with a big hollow hole in my chest. 

After bidding my goodbye to Jungkook, I made my way home. Home. Do I even dare to call it that? Home is a place where loved ones are at but how can it be home when it is just me. Just me, myself and I. 

Loneliness gnawed at my inside all the while I mentally built up a strong front. A strong front that will be unbreakable, no matter how much it hurts. 

By the time I got home, it was less painful because I have somehow tricked myself into thinking a certain way. Yet I still found myself sitting and staring at the blank screen of the TV. Looking at my reflection and how ridiculous I look with the drawings on my face. These drawings that weren't done by V. It wasn't V. It was Jungkook. Jungkook not V.  I tried to convince myself but failed. 

Shifting my eyes from the screen to my interlocked arms, I caught sight of markings at my palm. In a matter of seconds, I was reading off my palm a note left behind by....V. 

Sorry I didn't tell you but healing Jungkook had a price to pay. I guess I will see you in the next life. :)

Nothing. No tears came out but just the unbearable pain inside me. I wasn't sad though. I chose not to be sad. I was both thankful and happy to have met him. To have the chance to create such short and wonderful memories with him. 

So instead of saying I hate you for not telling me. I said thank you to a person, to a someone who was a big part of my life. 

"Thank you." I smile at nothing in particular. 

Then with the will to let go but not forget, I said in a hush tone.

"I won't forget you." 

THE END.   

Author's Note: 

So...yep. This concludes the story of the Alien boy and the Mute girl. The story of V and BoNa. Including the story of Jungkook's one sided love with V. 

I want to thank every one of my BEAUTIFUL readers for supporting me throughout this whole story. Without you guys, I don't know if I would have had the motive to keep on writing this story. THANK YOU! <3