【 I'll Protect You | Akaashi Keiji 】

People say that it's sweet to have a best friend.

There will be someone who will always be by your side.

Someone you can share your deepest, darkest, secrets with.

Someone who will care for you even if you make mistakes.

But are you ready to give up that friendship

In exchange for love?

• • • • •

Akaashi Keiji was you best friend.

Your other half.

He'd stick to your side, and you'd stick to his.

Through thick and thin, you guys made great memories together.

You both cared for each other, looked out for each other, made sure the other was safe.

Whether it was some fooling around jokingly or playing in rain puddles, you guys had amazing times together.

There was no problem that the two of you hadn't overcome together.

He had protected you and always was with you no matter what you did.

That's Akaashi Keiji.

Your best friend, the man whom you secretly loved.

-_~*-_~*-_~*

You were on your way to class, alone because Akaashi had told you he had something important to do, so you let him go and headed to class alone.

But you had heard his voice, low in a corridor of the hallway.

You saw him and some guy talking, shaking hands and heading off happily, making you curious.

You decided to ask him later, so you shrugged it off for now and headed off to class.

• • • • •

"Keiji-kun!" you waved, running over to the boy, who was with Bokuto as well.

"Hey, Keiji! Hey, Bokuto! Let's walk home together, yeah?" you ask, grinning.

"Uh, sorry Akaashi, (F/N). I have to go to the library to do some research on my project, but I'll catch up with you tomorrow. See you guys! Take care," the spiky-haired boy apologized and walked towards the school library.

"Bye!" the both of you said, waving to Bokuto.

"So it's just me and you again, huh?" you nudge Akaashi.

"Yeah," he gives you a small smile.

You guys walked along the streets of the city, a breeze dancing lightly in the air, enough to make some strands of your hair fly away.

The first part of the walk was in a comfortable silence, you admiring the world around you, and Akaashi on his phone, texting some guy.

Then, you remembered the scene in the hallway, so you decided to ask him about it.

"Oh! Keiji, by the way. I saw you talking to a guy earlier. What's up?"

"Oh, that. It's nothing. Just a guy from my fraternity," he explains, not looking up from his phone.

"You? You joined a fraternity?" you chuckled. "Nice joke, but you're not fooling me,"

"What's so funny?" he shoots you a glare. "I'm serious,"

"Wait," you shoot a glare right back at him, stopping in your tracks. "You're serious? Keiji, the hell? Fraternities are dangerous- you of all people should know that!"